𝐮 𝐧 𝐥 𝐞 𝐚 𝐬 𝐡 𝐞 𝐝

ALPHA
{ chapter thirty-eight}

ALPHA{ chapter thirty-eight}

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The teacher we saved jumped when she saw Derek and I standing in her class. We were checking on her to make sure she wasn't telling everyone what she saw the other night and to see if she was okay from from what she saw. She picked up a small stick in defense of herself.

"What do you two want? Gonna threaten me? Tell me that no one's gonna believe me? Try to scare me? Kill me?" She questioned.

"We were gonna see if you were okay." I told her.

"Physically or emotionally? Although, I guess that presumes that I was emotionally okay before any of this and according to my therapist, I-it's been debatable for a long time." She informed us.

I stepped forward grabbing the stick out of her hand, "I think you're gonna be okay."

"Obviously, you've never taught high school. In twenty minutes, I have to start two dozen teenagers on the crucible, and I honestly have no idea what I'm gonna say." She pointed out.

"Well, I was in high school for five years so I know it sucks." I stated.

"Why don't you start by telling them that it's an allegory for McCarthyism?" Derek said as more of a question.

"Is that a subtle way of suggesting that I shouldn't say anything? Because I won't." She spoke.

I handed her her stick before Derek and I headed to the door.

"Who are you two?" She wondered.

"I'm Dillon." I answered.

"Derek." He replied.

"Jennifer." She told us before we walked out.

"We shouldn't have saved her." I told Derek as we walked down the hallway.

He looked at me confused, "Why?"

"Did you see the look she was giving you? She was undressing you with her eyes." I answered.

"I think you're jealous." He said with a chuckle as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

I scoffed, "Jealous."

✰✰✰✰✰

"You're the best." Scott told me after I handed him his lunch in the school parking lot that he had asked me to bring him.