slight mention of sh
Inez

I scroll mindlessly through social media, constantly looking through posts as minute after minute passes by on the clock. Then I finally put down my phone on the bedside table. I glance back to the alarm clock which reads four-thirty.

I look over to Alisha, she's still asleep.

I nudge her shoulder for her to get up but she doesn't budge, heading over to the bathroom, closing the door and flicking the lights on.

I shift my gaze to the semi dirty mirror and splash water onto my face in order to wake myself up, cracking my knuckles.

I look like shit.

The few hours of sleep I'd managed to get had been of no help since I still appeared to look like a zombie even afterwards.

My own reflection seemed to be foreign as I stared into the mirror a minute longer.

I immediately undressed myself, not allowing myself to think about it more and hopping into the shower.

I turn on the faucet, selecting the shower setting as it starts spewing out water from the top. I put on soap, rubbing it all over my body as the water continues pouring down onto me.

I select the vanilla scented shampoo off my shelf, lathering it on my thick dark brown hair, parting it down the middle.

After a few minutes, I rinse it out.

The water coming from the shower head falls down my face and body as I lifted my chin up, running my hands through my damp hair.

Showers after waking up felt nice, especially since I barely managed to stand without collapsing at the moment.

I turn off the shower, stepping out and wrapping a white robe around my body and a small towel on my head.

I open the door to my room and reach for the hairdryer in one of my drawers, drying my hair out. I look through my closet while doing so.

I'm supposed to be at an important event, so how am I supposed to dress?

They never stated the dress code or anything so I think I'll just pretend I know what I'm supposed to be doing.

Mhm.

While browsing through my dresses, I come across a long brown silk dress with spaghetti straps.

I hold it up to my chest, seeing if it fits right.

It had a small v shaped neckline, falling right above my ankles.

I practically rip it off the hanger in excitement, throwing it beside my dresser. I sit down, looking through my mirror and noticing my eye bags.

I hated them, more than the other features on my face. Not that I liked my other features any better, I would change everything if I had the chance.

I grab my concealer stick, twisting it open, putting some on under my eyes and blending it in using the pad of my ring finger to hide my eye bags.

They looked pretty dark, darker than they looked yesterday. Most likely due to the lack of sleep for weeks.

I overhear someone getting up, and turning to confirm.

Alisha was in fact, awake.

She yawns, throwing her arms up in the air and grunting in pain.

"It's six pm?" She asks.

"No shit, look outside." I advise, stating the obvious.

She tilts her head to the right, looking out the window and sighing. I hear her stand up and sit down beside me as she watches me get ready.