five

Inez

I'm at today's fashion show helping everyone get ready.

Almost all seats were booked, and the air conditioner was set low.

Currently in the fitting rooms helping a few models with their clothes.

Struggling? Maybe a little bit, but I've got everything under control.

Definitely.

I help one of the girls out by tying the back of her dress and clip in butterfly clips in her hair.

She walks back and forth on the practice runway with her hands on her hips asking me if it looks okay.

She then tells me how thankful she is, complementing me on how I designed the dress.

I nodded, leaving that room after a few minutes and helping some of the other models with their outfits, making sure that everything was going to go fine.

I walk out of one of the rooms, heading over to the one on the right, heading to find a room that didn't have anyone inside.

I'm not on the runway but I'm still expected to dress at least somewhat decent.

Could you imagine how terrible I would be as a model? Thinking about it makes me want to never think about it ever again.

The lighting is quite bright, my makeup is scattered on the counter and it's a fucking mess.

I look through the mirror, dimming some of the lights in the room to see more clearly.

I bat my lashes and notice that some of my acne scars are still visible, I grab some concealer and make an effort to cover them up.

I fumble through my bag and take out my flat iron, plugging it into the outlet by me.

After finishing my makeup, I change the white robe I was in into a black blazer and a cropped white tank underneath pairing it with matching black dress pants that came with.

And a few gold rings.

I walked out of the room, fixing the long sleeves on my blazer and stepping out the back door.

Usually I'm not this nervous about shows but today was different, so many huge people were here and they were going to see some of the models wear my designs.

And I'm not sure if they'll like them or not, but I hope I've at met at least some people's expectations.

Their validation means the world to me.

I'm used to being at small ones where there's really not much going on, but this one was different.

This wasn't my first show at all, but one of my first big ones.

I sigh, walking through the entrance and walking over to the second to front row to sit by Alisha and August, waiting for the show to start.

"Wow." Alisha stares in awe of the runway and the people around it.

"When is it starting?" August puts his right arm around me while he scrolls on his phone with his left.

"In about fifteen minutes."

After a couple minutes I watch as Mr Vernice, and a few other people walk through the entrance sitting down a couple seats away from mine.

I look up for a minute, Mr Vernice smiles at me while I return an artificial one back to him.

Strobing lights began to light up the stage, stopping for a minute as the first model walks out.

"This is so fucking cool." She records the show with her camera in amazement, smiling as she watched the show.