twenty

Inez

I wake up, my head feeling heavy. I don't know what it was, the lack of sleep or the fact that I was back in my bed somehow.

Once my eyes were open, I heard the bathroom door open to see Ronan, coming out.

He was shirtless and a towel hung low on his hips, his v line being revealed from the top.

Looking at me, his lips part slightly. "Fuck, why are you up this early?" He continues drying his damp hair with the other towel in his hands.

I get up from my bed, looking down at my chest to see that I'm not wearing the dress, I'm only wearing a thin tank top and small shorts and I can't remember what happened at the party.

"Why are you even- wait, no. Did we?"

He smirks, bending down a little to speak to me so his mouth was near my ear. He's holding my right wrist. "All night." An inaudible gasp leaves my lips so they part slightly.

He drops my wrist and starts laughing hysterically when he sees the blank look on my face.

All of a sudden everything that happened last night comes to my memory, and I realize how much I've embarrassed myself.

"Oh my god, I hate you." I sigh, looking up at him.

"The look on your face makes everything worth it."

He makes his way to the bathroom and I reach for a clip by the nightstand, replaying that everything happened last night.

I got drunk. I made fun of the way he talked. He carried me to bed. He slept next to me.

After the flight

Viola is supposed to pick me up from the airport right now but I can't seem to find her, my eyes search for her and I recognize her.

She's standing behind the railing where everyone is, waving her hands once we meet eyes.

"Is that your friend?" He questions, I hear the slight smirk and playful tone to his voice without even looking at him.

"Yeah." I nod, making my way to her through the gate, wrapping my arms around her and she hugs me back, pulling away.

We walk close to the exit and I notice that I haven't seen him. I turn my head but I don't see him so I turn back attempting to forget that I even remembered.

"Your boyfriend?" Viola's voice startles me out of my jumble of thoughts.

"Huh? We're not dating."

"Ohhh, so it's like a secret relationship." We walk out of the airport, heading to the parking spot. "You're really not gonna tell me about it either?" She whispers.

"V, there's nothing between us." I chuckle, opening the car door to sit in the passenger seat next to her.

She nods starting the car, sounding unconvinced. "Sure."

I roll my eyes and she asks me if I want to go out to eat with her and everyone else this Saturday, so I agree.

Saturday

"Are you for real?" August asks Jackson, he nods in response. "She just asked you out like that?"

I'm barely able to contain my laughter as I pick up the tuna roll with the chopsticks between my fingers, putting the whole thing into my mouth.