four

Inez

It's five pm on a Saturday evening and I'm working, not sure why I took this job in the first place but here we are.

I got it two years ago to pay my student loan which is payed off by now but I still choose to work here.

Not sure if it's the environment, people, the appearance but the way I've felt about it has never changed, something about it makes me want to stay.

Keep working here, even if I decide to hate it one day.

I just like it because I do, it's a library and cafe built into one why wouldn't I?

I've probably read most of the books here as well.

August is here with me, as usual.

I met him through work actually, and then I found out that he was also friends with Alisha so we all started hanging out together and became close.

Right now we're just organizing the books in an orderly fashion, putting them were they should be.

"Can we hang out at your place after this?" He asked, handing me a large stack of romance novels to put back.

"I'm picking the movie." I stated.

"No." He denied.

"Why not?" I put the books in the shelf one by one, next to one another.

"It means we'll have to watch those terrible vampire movies for the billionth time." He starts, "Those movies are ass." He blatantly lies.

I sighed in annoyance, rolling my eyes. "They are not."

I stack the books above of the short shelf, on top of one another.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." He walks over to the register, getting a hold of his water bottle, and screwing the cap off. He tilts his head to let the liquid fall into his mouth.

I stacked a few books closer together, setting them in the donation box.

"How could you not like the Twilight movies?"

"You only like them because of Robert Pattinson." He states, handing me another book as I lock the glass display.

I let out a small gasp, "That is so not true, you clearly haven't read the books." I say as I throw my brown bag over my shoulder.

He follows behind as I leave, locking the door and making my way to my apartment.

Luckily it wasn't that far of a walk there, which is also another reason I chose to work here.

We stand in front of the apartment door and Alisha opens it before I even had the chance to knock, catching me off guard.

"You guys are here!" She pulls us into a tight hug and we step inside, I slip off my sandals and sit on the patterned carpet.

The doorbell rings again, August opening the door and welcoming Jackson inside, locking it this time.

In his hands was a small brown cat, August looks at him confused but then the cat hisses at him so he flinches and quickly backs away from it.

Jackson wears a loose fitted white t-shirt and grey sweatpants, his small tattoos on his arm showing, he sits by me on the carpet while running a hand through his curls.

"What are we watching?" He asks me, holding the small brown cat from the bottom.

"Ask them, they don't want me choosing."

I glance over at Alisha and August who stood by the counter, Alisha struggling to get the pack of the microwavable popcorn at the top of the refrigerator.