fifteen

-

Inez

Being alone has been a subject that most individuals look down upon. Clearly there's a huge difference in feeling alone and being alone.

It's something that crosses my mind often.

How being around larger groups of people, especially those I couldn't bring myself to be more comfortable around, was draining.

It still is, it's something I've attempted to overcome. It's tiring, and in no way helps when you have to interact with those people.

Solitude has always been my greatest company.

Right now however I wasn't at all, I stood in the line, firmly holding the handle of my luggage and gradually moving forward.

Turning my head, I came to the realization of the huge amount of people behind me.

This line moves so slow.

I got here a little late, but it's all settled now and I'll just have to wait.

As I waited, I felt a hard arm hit mine. Only to turn my head and see Ronan next to the rope barrier.

"The fuck are you doing here?" He questions, looking me up and down.

"What do you mean? I'm in line?" I followed up, bewildered.

"Wrong line dumbass. Ours is over there." He glances over to the line with fewer people.

Our line? What does that supposed to mean?

I drag my luggage and bag under the rope barrier, bending down and walking out of the line.

"Been standing there how long?" He asked.

I extend the handle of the bag so it's longer, "Thirty minutes."

"Any longer and you would've missed the fucking flight." He scolds walking farther away from me.

He walks so fucking fast.

"You're concerned about me not making the flight?" I questioned as a half smile grew on my lips, attempting to walk quicker and catch up to him.

"No. I would've been happier if you didn't come with us." He argued.

"Your answer says otherwise."

He stays silent and I notice about five people in the line, moving quicker than the one I was in. I walk right after the next person in line, raising my eyebrows in confusion.

"Is this line for the elite or something?" I asked, dumbfounded.

He takes my luggage, rolling it to the baggage carousel where the other ones were moving.

He picks mine and his up, laying it down to the side.

The luggage handler begins to speak, "Ma'am the bag in your hand?"

"It's a carry on." I replied.

He nods and I hand him my ID and passport, after checking them he hands them back to me.