ten

Ronan

"Really? You think I care about that?"
I ask, beginning to unbutton my shirt at a fast pace and tossing it in the laundry basket.

"Yeah, I'll be there." I hang up the call, throwing my phone on the couch so it lands in the middle of the cushions.

I head to the bathroom, stripping off the rest of the clothing on my body and sliding the glass door open to the shower.

The water switches on as I step in. I tilt my head slightly to the right and let the water run down.

My eyes shut close and stop thinking for a moment, the water spewing out and completely soaking me. I run a hand through my now damp hair, reaching for the stupid vanilla scented shampoo which of course had to be the only one that'd been in the bathroom at this moment.

After a few minutes, I step out. The towel hanging low on my hips, I throw on a loose fitted black t-shirt and khaki pants.

I grab a book from the top of the shelf by my bed, grabbing the car keys, walking out the door and getting into the car.

It's so fucking hot outside.

I take out dark tinted sunglasses from the compartment beside my leg, setting the sunglasses on the bridge of my nose.

I start the car, driving out of the neighborhood my house is in and heading to the main road.

I don't technically like living in Los Angeles, it's a shitty city overall. People here are either working multiple jobs to stay alive or own half of the houses here.

There isn't an in between because of how much money is spent on a day to day basis.

I doubt any individual living here actually like the area, it's overcrowded, and the fucking traffic.

I'm headed to my dad's house, it's about twenty minutes from mine.

I moved out a couple months ago, it was difficult living under the same roof as someone who was rarely present in my life for more time than I could tolerate.

I'm not saying I'm completely happy, living by myself. Because I just haven't been. Just distracting myself with things until I become bored of them and focus on another hyper fixation.

Living alone is just more tolerable.

I get there, parking in front of the tall-ass building, which is his house. It has about four floors only for a few people to be living in it.

Of course there's servers, bartenders, etc but it's not like dad lives here most of the time.

He's always somewhere else, and I don't exactly like coming here. I really don't, I feel like I'm in this endless loophole over and over again when it comes to him.

It's constantly the same speaking to him, I don't think he's once smiled whenever he's with me.

I step into the main hallway, slipping my black converse off so I only had my socks on.

Making my way to my younger sister's room, I knock lightly on the stained glass door.

"Come in!" She attempts to yell but her voice is soft.

I push the heavy door open, and her eyes light up when she notices I'm inside. A small gasp leaving her lips. She's sitting on her bed with a notebook in her hands.

I walk to her bed, climbing the ladder a few steps and sitting next to her.

"Hi, Rose.", I say, glancing over at her drawing. A crayon pack to her left, color pencils and an eraser beside her.