seven

Inez

I glare at Ronan in a confused manner as we sit a meter across from one another on top of the roof of his car.

I couldn't tell you if the car was his. Every time I've seen him it's been a different one, I'm starting to notice he has a variety of cars.

We got ice cream.

I decided on mint chocolate chip, one of my favorite flavors in the universe. I don't wanna hear anything about my decision.

I swung my feet slightly before feeling insecure and stopping, staring down at my black heels that felt like they were going to fall off.

He got vanilla, so fucking basic.

"This why we left your office?" I ask him, turning my head.

"Hmm?" He hums as if he doesn't know what I'm talking about.

I shook my head in disbelief, "Why schedule anything?"

"So many questions." He speaks in a lower tone, looking forward at the convenient store in front of us. I bring the spoonful of ice cream to my mouth and eat it.

"Correct, why did you pick vanilla?" I ask him.

He turns his head, not looking me in the eyes while he speaks but stealing glances a couple times.

"Vanilla is good."

"False." I argue.

He scoffs, "You fucking got mint chocolate chip." He slightly smiles, it wasn't a full one or half either. So subtle it was barely noticeable.

"Mint chocolate is good."

"False." He argues, the corner of his lips twitching up.

I playfully hit him in the side with my elbow.

"I'm starting to feel like this was intentional." I tell him, he gives me a confused look.

"Hm?"

"Scheduling a meeting with me just to eat ice cream with me." I clarify.

"Fuck, Hernandez. That's not the reason I scheduled the meeting." He denied, facing me now.

"What's the reason then?" I lean forward.

Two of his fingers go under my chin, tilting it up so I was looking directly at him. I swallow once.

He parts his lips, not saying anything. Letting go of my chin and smirking.

"So you admit that it was intentional?" I ask, I feel the dimples carve into my cheeks in amusement.

"No."

I have a headache.

I jump down from his car's roof, almost losing balance but somehow not falling because the embarrassment kept me from doing so, I fixate my gaze onto the mini trash can.

I step over to the trash can, throwing the paper container away. I threw it away as if the trash can was a basketball hoop, shooting it through from afar.

While I walk back, I realize that Ronan's no longer sitting on the roof of his car but instead leaning against the side of the front door. His hands in his pockets while he watches.

"Do you know what time it is?" I furrow my brows, he doesn't give me a response, shaking his head.

I take my phone out, turning it on to notice that it's 7:30 pm.

How is it already this late?

"Hey, can you-?" I look up from my phone but stop speaking when I feel the raindrops pouring down, and seeping into my clothes.

The rain became harsh in the matter of a couple seconds, making my hair and clothing wet. I use both my hands to cover the top of my head as if it was going to do anything.

He opens the passenger door to his car, signaling for me to get inside. I agree since I have no choice and he sits in the driver's seat, the seat by mine.

He runs a hand through his damp dark hair, his white t-shirt now soaked, making it see through.

His toned stomach and tattoos peeked through the soaked shirt, I stopped myself from staring any longer.

"I'll take you home."

I start shivering because of how cold I feel, my arms wrapped around my body. But then feeling a towel go over my shoulders.

He hands me his phone, "Address." There was a cold demanding tone to his voice.

I type it in, giving it back to him. The car starts and he leans his arm on the back of my seat, turning to look at cars from behind.

He makes eye contact with me for a split second before ignoring it once again and bringing his gaze back to the road and beginning to drive.

I wrap the towel around my body, hugging my own body in an attempt to stay warm.

The ride there was silent as I looked out the window, the rain falling harder and at a quicker pace.

I hear Ronan mutter a "Are you fucking kidding me.", under his breath and the car stops.

"What happened?" I questioned.

"This is where you live correct?" He asks me, I nod, looking at my apartment complex through the car's window.

"Then go."

"How are you going to get back?" I realize further roads are closed.

"I'll find a way."

I open the car door, stepping out. I give him a small smile and he smiles back, a full smile.

One where both his dimples were present, his eyes crinkling at the corners.

I shut the door of his car, running out and towards where my building was.

Running up the stairs, I knocked the door and rung the doorbell a bunch of times before Alisha stood before me, a stunned expression on her face.

"What the hell happened-"

I cut her off, giving her a small kiss on the cheek. "I'll tell you later, I'm going to go take a shower." I say, making my way inside and to the bathroom.

I close the door, taking my clothes off until they met the floor. Stepping into the shower and turning it on so it spewed out hot water.

After taking the shower, I turn it off and step out, wrapping the white towel around my bare body.

I wipe the fog off my mirror and glance at the reflection of myself.

Blinking a couple times, I step out of the bathroom and look through my drawers to change.

-
i'm back 🫶🏽