8 | Golden

I spent the entire car ride trying my hardest to annoy Harry, if I was about to get murdered in a field, at least I could have some fun before that happens.

He stayed silent the entire time, sitting with his fingers pinching his lips and a deep crease between his eyebrows. He wasn't answering any of my questions.

"Where were we going?"

Silence

"Why did you make me get into the car?"

Silence

"How long until we get there?"

Silence

"Can I get a hint?"

That one earned a frustrated groan.

"How old was he?"

Nothing.

"Favourite colour?"

Silence

"Well, I guess I'll just tell you mine. I love red, especially because it's the colour of roses and I love roses. I also love daisies, which is funny cause that's my name. No but red, red is my favourite colour. I'm gonna guess yours is black, you seem like the kind of stubborn person who's favourite colour is black," I smiled at his blank expression.

"Pets?"

Silence.

"I used to have a pet fish called Snow White. He was a boy but I wanted him to be a princess, then he died because I fed him too much and he got too fat. I also want a cat, like a cute little fluffy cat, but my boyfriend won't let me get a cat cause he doesnt like them, but he doesn't even live with me so that doesn't make sense. Anyways, I'm guessing you have like some big scary bulldog, but he's only scary on the outside and he's actually a big cuddly softie, am I right?" I watched his face, and I swore I saw his nostrils flare in annoyance.

He managed to keep a straight face the whole time, and I was surprised because I was almost 100% sure he actually wanted to throw me out of the car.

I didn't plan on stopping anytime soon, if he got to basically kidnap me, I got to annoy the shit out of him.

"Hobbies?"

Silence

Maybe he had no hobbies, maybe his hobby was coming to coffee shops and staring at people, then nearly hitting them with their car and then taking them somewhere they didn't know.

That's a pretty unique hobby.

"Could we get ice cream?"

"I'll take your silence as a no. But if we were to get some I would want to get Ben and Jerry's because it is the best. You know what's a weirdly good combination? Popcorn dipped in ice cream, you should try it sometime".

In fact I was sure he somehow turned his ears off to drown me out.

"Favorite food?"

nothing.

"Mines is burgers, and ice cream. But I also love pasta, maybe pasta is my favourite food. I don't know, burgers or pasta"

"Harry?" I said for the millionth time, ready to ask another question.

He flopped his head back and let out another frustrated groan. My plan of annoying him to death was working.

"Why did you tip me 600 dollars?" I asked bluntly.

But this time I got a response, he flopped his head to the side, looking at me over the top of his sunglasses, looking pretty pissed off. "If I answer, will you please shut up?" He sighed.