92 | Breathless

Diana De Angelais

Diana De Angelais

The lights were off, everything was pitch black

I had no idea what the fuck was happening. I was sitting frozen, a knife clutched tightly in my hands that were still chained together in a pair of handcuffs.

Those last few seconds seemed to have happened too fast for it to be real. Harry whispered in my ear that he had a plan, then he threw me on the floor. His hands were already free from the handcuffs, somehow he had managed to break free of them without me or James noticing.

Zayn and Louis were here somewhere too, maybe Kieran and Liam too. They had a plan.

I was too terrified to make a noise. I could feel that I was covered in sweat from how nervous I was right now. Nothing was in my control, I had absolutely no idea what was going on or what was about to happen, and it terrified me, because it wasn't just my life that depended on it now, it was Harrys too.

I could hear movement in the room, and my eyes were flicking rapidly around the darkness, trying to adjust to the lack of light so I could see anything that's happening right now.

The feeling of two hands on my waist made me flinch in terror, but the fear only lasted a few seconds, because I'd recognise the way his hands felt against my skin anywhere. I knew it was Harry, there was nobody else in the room with us. I felt the cold metal of his rings against the heat of my skin, it was such a simple feeling but one I had missed so much.

He didn't say anything, both of us stayed quiet. I was too scared to speak because I didn't know what was happening.

The feeling of his hands lasted only few seconds, and my stomach dropped, already missing the feeling as soon as he let go of me.

But instead I felt the chain on my ankle moving. He was holding it.

I could hear the sound of it, and I could feel the cuff moving and jolting, until only a few seconds later, he had picked the lock with a knife I was assuming, and after so long of being restrained like that, my leg was finally free. I had no idea how he did that in the dark but somehow my ankle was free from the restraint.

I felt his hands on my waist guiding me to stand up off the bed. He stood behind me, walking me across the room with slow and cautious steps, still staying silent as if there was someone else in the room we had to hide from.

I placed my hands on top of his, intertwining my fingers through his as his hands held my waist from behind. Even just holding his hands like that made me feel ten times safer in this situation.

I couldn't see where I was walking and the stupid fucking massive heels I had on weren't helping me much either.

One of his hands left my waist, the other kept a tight and possessive hold as his arm moved to wrap around my stomach completely. His chest pressed against my back, I felt safe and protected by him. He was the only person who could stop me from spiralling when I was at my lowest.