66 | Butterfly

(2/2 of the double update)

"If he's a serial killer, then what's the worst
That could happen to a girl who's already hurt?
I'm already hurt"

Harry Styles

Diana was missing.

She wasn't here.

Someone has her, there was blood on her phone, they hurt her.

And I couldn't do it, I couldn't protect her. I couldn't protect her from the cruelty of the world like I had always said I would.

I swore it was like everything was silent for a second. The world had stopped spinning - except it hadn't, I could still hear the murmuring chatter of the crowds surrounding me.

People living their lives, a mere interruption in their evening in the club. And I was here, feeling like I had my hands tied behind my back, completely helpless to the fact that someone had taken Diana, and her fucking blood was on her phone.

I placed a hand to my stomach, I was sure I was about to be sick.

I just stared at the crime scene in front of me, so much blood. The only thoughts going through me was that I was staring at her blood. She was hurt and I had to fucking listen to it happen. There was nothing I could do to stop it. I should have been there for her, I should never have left her alone.

She was supposed to be with Liam, one of the best trained CIA agents I knew of. If she was with him then how the fuck did this happen? And why the fuck did he ever think it would be okay to leave her alone when she was drunk, especially in a shitty club like this at night?

I was literally going to rip his fucking head off the next time I saw him.

He should have been there for her.

The void in my chest kept getting worse the longer I just stared at the scene, watching as people in police uniforms marked all the areas where there were splatters of blood.

I placed my hand on the back of my neck in stress, and my eyes pinched shut as I tried to stop myself from picturing the million different scenarios going through my head right now. It was like a slideshow, I just kept seeing her get hurt, her on the phone calling out my fucking name to get me to help her.

She needed me and I wasn't there.

I promised her that everything would be alright.

And now she was gone.

Someone had taken her, and I didn't know what the fuck to do.

I had her phone, I couldn't even trace her phone or call her.

The world felt like it was caving in on me, everything was becoming more constrictive and suffocating the longer I went without having a single fucking clue where she was, or even if she was okay.

I needed her. I fucking needed her to be okay, I needed her back in my arms. I needed to hug her and kiss her and tell her everything was going to be alright. I needed to keep the promise I'd made with her.

"Harry-" I heard Zayn's voice again, he was standing behind me and placed a hand on my shoulder to try and snap me out of the panicked state I was completely frozen in. His voice was firm when he spoke again, like he was telling me something he was sure of, not something he wanted to be sure of, "We'll find her"

I opened my eyes but didn't turn to face him behind me, I just kept me eyes focused on what was happening in front of me. Wishing I would see my girl somewhere, wishing she would come around a corner as if she had just been hiding this whole time. But I never saw her, she wasn't here.