77 | Vigilante

Tw: discussions and attempt of sexual assault and violence

(Part 2/2 of the double update!!)

Vigilante

/ˌvɪdʒɪˈlanti/

Noun

1. A member of a self-appointed group of citizens who undertake law enforcement in their community without legal authority, typically because the legal agencies are thought to be inadequate.

***

Zayn Malik

7 years ago

"Stop watching her." I repeated for what seemed like the hundredth time over the past few hours that Harry and I had been sitting in this shitty bar somewhere in London.

He didn't hear me at all. He just kept sipping on his drink with his jaw clenched so sharp I was concerned his fucking teeth were going to shatter.

"Harry," I tried to get his attention again, he was just sitting and staring at her like a fucking creep.

He took another slow sip of the whisky in front of him. His eyebrows were furrowed deeply and I was sure he hadn't blinked.

"Harry," I punched his arm, finally catching his attention. He turned to glare at me with a face that asked what the fuck I just punched him for. "Stop fucking watching her."

"I don't like the prick." He placed his whisky glass down, facing me but I could tell that he wanted to turn around again to watch her. "I don't trust him at all,"

"Neither do I, but stop fucking staring at them," I said to him. I had been keeping an eye on her too, but I hadn't just been staring at her like a fucking creep.

"I'm just looking after her." He defended, his jaw still clenched sharp.

"She's a grown woman, she can look after herself." I glanced over his shoulder to see her sitting at one of the booths at the other side of the bar, she was fine and he was just being a dramatic son of a bitch. "You're here, thats all she needs. She doesn't need you being some fucking creep and watching her like a hawk."

Harry glared at me for the millionth time this night.

Gemma was on a date tonight.

It was her first date in over a year. She'd stopped dating completely after her last boyfriend, who had turned out to be some abusive arsehole.

She wasn't entirely comfortable going alone, and Harry was one of the most protective people I knew. She asked him to come just in case anything went wrong. She just needed that comfort in knowing Harry was here.

But we had been here for over an hour and everything was good so far, she was smiling and looked like she was enjoying herself.

Harry wanted to kill him before he even met him. He didn't trust him at all, but I knew it was just the guilt. He had always felt so helpless, with his mum and then with Gemma the past few years, he never knew how to help them.

But now he had a gun and was trained to kill people, he wouldn't hesitate to shoot this guy in the skull if he pulled something.

"Gonna miss that grumpy face of yours bud," I teased him, nudging his shoulder with mine.

"Don't call me bud," he deadpanned, the deep crease between his eyebrows became even deeper.

"Okay, bud." I smiled, pissing him off was my favourite thing in the world.