51 | Touch

May 2
3:47am

Diana De Angelais

By the time we finally managed to fully recover it was almost pitch-black outside. After Harry and I's first official date, I felt on top of the world. I managed to gather myself together enough to climb off him and slump back into the seat of the passenger side.

We had stopped at a little twenty-four-hour convenience store, where I had waddled in, barely able to use my legs. I peed in the bathroom they luckily had, while Harry bought some chocolate that I had gotten excited about when we first walked through the door.

I was pretty sure I just passed out in the car on the way home because the hour and a half car journey only lasted fifteen minutes and when I opened my eyes we were already parked underneath his building.

I somehow managed to get out of the car myself and walk towards the elevator, barely able to feel my legs. The whole elevator ride up I stayed slumped against him with his arms around my waist and my back pressed against his chest as he whispered sweet nothings in my ear.

Zayn and Louis were sitting in the living room and smoking when we walked into the apartment. I was pretty sure they said something, but I only greeted them with a hum and a lazy wave.

Harry basically carried me up the stairs, holding my waist tightly since my legs still felt like jelly, and I immediately collapsed on his bed the second we got into his room.

I had a vague memory of him asking if it was okay to undress me, I thought it was strange of him to ask considering he's already seen me naked so many times, but I appreciated that he asked, and I hummed a 'yes' in response.

He changed me into one of his shirts that were baggy on me, and a pair of his boxers, before stripping himself down to just his underwear and crawling into bed with me.

I never thought there was anything bothering him, he just seemed like he was exhausted, slumping down onto the bed beside me. I curled up into him like I always did, and we both fell asleep pretty quickly.

But I was woken up, when Harry shot up straight, basically throwing me off him in the process.

I blinked a few times, rubbing my eyes with the backs of my hands to try and wake myself up. My mind was still foggy from being in a deep sleep and woken up in a shock, my head spinning from the whiplash of being thrown off him.

I could hardly see anything, I reached over to fumble with the lamp on his bedside table, flicking it on to light up the room a bit.

Harry was sitting over the end of the bed, with his feet on the floor and his head in his hands. He was sweating profusely and shaking like he was freezing, he mumbled words that I couldn't hear into his hands, sounding like he couldn't get a proper breath of air.

"Harry..." I whispered, crawling towards him and trying to keep myself calm.

I had no idea what to do, I didn't know how to make him snap out of wherever he was in his own head, it was like he didn't even know I was here.

His long hair was stuck to the sweat on his back. I took the hair tie out of my own hair and grabbed his hair at his neck, running my fingers through it before twisting it into a bun on the back of his head, just to keep it out of his face.

I placed my hand on the top of his back, feeling that his skin was almost burning to touch. I could see all the muscles in his back, looking tense and flexing at every rugged breath he sucked in. He sounded like he was hyperventilating.

"Harry...baby?" I tried to catch his attention again, knowing it wouldn't work, he was lost somewhere.

I climbed off the bed, standing in front of him now. I grabbed his hands, pulling them away from his head and holding them tightly in my own. He held my hands back so tightly, squeezing so hard that I thought the bones were going to shatter, but I wasn't going to let go of him, I wasn't important right now.