70 | Adrenaline

June 6

June 6

Diana De Angelais

After getting off the Yacht the other day, I did feel the slightest bit of relief getting on the solid ground. I did have to get carried off, because when I stood up that morning my legs nearly gave out.

Harry was very proud of himself, and I was constantly hearing him snickering under his breath whenever he caught me walking like a baby giraffe learning to take its first steps.

We got back to the villa he had rented not long before midday, and we had spent most of the time cleaning ourselves up and getting ready for what Harry had planned for the rest of the time we spent away.

I wished we could stay here forever, but I knew it was impossible.

I had managed to sneak in a quick facetime call with Donut, although he was asleep for most of it which didn't surprise me, he always seemed to be asleep or trying to eat Jade's hair or trying to climb up the curtains. But it was refreshing to see him either way, I did miss my little white fluffy security blanket.

The afternoon so far had consisted of us wandering aimlessly around the town. It was full of old buildings, and everything seemed to be made of cobblestone, it was like something out of a movie. There were plants and colourful flowers everywhere, on every door of the little stores that were on every street.

There were also a lot of cats that seemed to just be wandering around, and I could tell Harry was starting to get slightly annoyed when I would tug on his hand and make him stop so I could say hello to every cat that we passed.

It was really beautiful in Èze, I had never actually heard of the place before, it was pretty busy, people sitting outside every restaurant, chatting, happy and laughing. It was just really refreshing to see such a happy place, especially when I was used to New York, where everyone was rude, grumpy and miserable. We both got smoothies from a small cafe type place in the main part of town, Harry's was bright red while mine was orange. I'd drank mine all in about thirty seconds, which I was now regretting because I felt like I was melting in the summer heat.

We turned another corner, up a cobblestone hill off the main street, a smaller and emptier street with little individual stores. The sky was a bright blue, and it was pretty warm, I had on a sundress to match the heat. Harry on the other hand was wearing a white dress shirt and black jeans, and I didn't know how he wasn't literally melting

Harry's fingers were intertwined with my own bandages still wrapped around my palms from the broken glass, and he was walking a little bit ahead of him. I had been dragging him about and making him explore every single place we could go to, it was mostly uphill, and I was tired, so he was pulling me up. He hadn't complained yet, and instead let me have my fun, but I could tell I was enjoying myself much more than him.

"Do you think Donut would like it here?" I asked him as we aimlessly strolled through a street, there were so many stray cats

Harry glanced down at me walking beside him, "I don't see why not. He could make a lot of friends"