73 | Manipulation

Buckle up, this is a long one...

June 27

Diana De Angelais

"Just please don't kill everyone that looks at me"

Harry stared at me blankly like I had just told him the stupidest thing in the world, "I'm not promising anything"

We arrived back in New York last week and crashed instantly on the couch and ended up sleeping for the whole night and half of the afternoon. It was a much-needed sleep since we had gotten slightly distracted when we were supposed to be asleep on the jet.

We spent every day since then at home, just together doing nothing. But sometimes nothing was my favourite thing to do with him.

He was driving me to work tonight, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to it. I hadn't danced in ages, and I really missed it, I missed the thrill of it, the freeing feeling I got from it sometimes.

Harry wasn't too excited about me going back to the club, in fact, he had tried to get me to quit all together.

It was understandable, the links that the club had to Stefan's trafficking, Harry obviously thought it was a stupid idea for me to go back. Even though I had explained to him a hundred times that each dancer had a CIA agent assigned to watch them and blend in with the crowd, so they could make sure nothing bad happened and could try to find some of Stefan's men who regularly visited the club.

He tried to convince me to quit for about four hours straight this afternoon, it was just constant nagging and complaining that he didn't want me to go back there, that he didn't want me to not be safe.

I could get another job, I knew that. But the girls there were my friends, and I loved my job so much. I didn't want to leave.

I appreciated his concern and I understood where he was coming from. But I loved my job, and if I were to leave I'd just be at home all day every day doing nothing, and I knew I'd end up losing my mind.

Especially since I couldn't go anywhere even if I did stay home, I couldn't go out on walks, I couldn't go shopping, I couldn't go and meet Jade or Niall, because there was always the worry of something happening when Harrys not there.

Harry's response to that was that he would hire me personal security, that would escort me everywhere and would stay near me if I ever were to go somewhere without him. But that sounded worse to me, knowing there was someone watching me, not having the freedom to just do what I wanted whenever I wanted to.

Eventually he saw it from my point of view. I could hardly live my life anymore without that lingering paranoia. He caved and agreed to stop trying to get me to leave the club, as long as I told him where I was going at all times, I was never alone at any point of the night, I had to be with either him, Jade, Niall or Liam at all times. If anyone did anything even remotely weird, I was to tell Harry or Liam straight away.

There was another list of rules I had to follow that I ended up just not listening to. I couldn't live like that, following a million rules all the time.

I wasn't going to be stupid, and I knew how to keep myself safe. Working at a place like this for so long I knew what men were like. I was going to have Liam and Harry watching me all night, I was going to be fine.

"Harry, please" I sighed and turned to face him. His eyebrows were furrowed with that deep crease between them. He was watching the road with his lip pinched between his fingers, ignoring me. "I know that it's risky, but I promise it's safe, I'm gonna have you and Liam all night"