Ch. 31 - CURRENTS

Wren's outfits:
Home / Hospital -

School / Animal Clinic / Hospital / Loft -

Chapter Thirty-One
Currents

"It's Dr. Hilyard again. Can you let Melissa know that it may be more than ten minutes? I think there's an accident up ahead." A women said as she drove down the road before a voice came through a phone.

"Yeah, a ten-car pile-up, which is why we need you here!" They said and Dr. Hilyard sighed, "I'm going as fast as I can." She said before hanging up. Strangling the steering wheel in frustration, Dr. Hilyard veers her way through traffic. Out of the haze of headlights, something flutters against the windshield, landing on it making her look over to see a moth.

Strangely large and right in Hilyard's field of view, the creature doesn't seem to want to move. Hilyard flicks on the wipers and the moth flutters back into the darkness. Pushing down on the pedal, Hilyard blinks as a moth flutters in front of her eyes.

"How did you get in?" She mumbled as she waves a hand at the moth, not realizing she's also pulling the steering wheel with her other hand. A horn blares, headlights blazing across the windshield making Hilyard's eyes widen as she swerves the car back into her own lane.

A third moth crawls out of one of the vents. Another flutters up from behind the backseat. Hilyard waves at them, trying to keep her eyes on the road. In mere moments, dozens of moths fill the car, blocking Hilyard's view. They surround her, flying about her head.

Blinking furiously, she looks into the rear view mir rear view mirror and sees horrifying ashen face, scarred and slashed, features literally ripped apart. Hilyard screams and the wheel slips from her hands.

Everything started spinning and once it cleared there was a male doctor hanging by his hands. His wrist raw and bleeding from the rope that was dugged into his skin. His chest never rising. Everything started spinning again before stopping to see Deaton hanging by his wrist as he weakly pulled himself up.