Ch. 73 - CODOMINANCE

Chapter Seventy-Three🌒 Codominance 🌘

🌒 Codominance 🌘

Scott's in the middle of reading a book about damnatio memoriae while Stiles drives the Jeep. Stiles let's out a deep breath and wipes a bead of sweat off of his brow, and Scott sighs deeply, making it clear that the heat is starting to get to them both.

"Man, I think the Jeep's overheating again." Scott said and Stiles sighed, "Probably." He said. "Should we pull over and put more antifreeze in it?" Scott asked and Stiles sighed, slightly shaking his head. "No we can just turn the heat on." He said before doing so making Scott roll down his window.

"You find anything yet?" Stiles asked glancing over at Scott who shook his head, "It's mostly the same stuff you guys already knew." Scott said before reading out loud. "Damnatio Memoriae was a Roman practice, a government decree to destroy the images of the damned. And they would scratch off their names from inscriptions, chisel their face off of statues. The Romans believed it was a punishment worse than death."

"Being forgotten." Stiles said.

"Listen to this "Damnatio memoriae was later used on a serial killer in 1598 known as the Demon Tailor. He lured children into his shop in Paris, where he would kill them and boil the flesh off their bones to eat. The courts believed the crimes so horrible, they ordered all documents destroyed. To this day, no one knows his real name." Scott read while Stiles made a face.

"So, the Dread Doctors resurrected a killer who was so bad that he had to literally be erased from history?" Stiles asked and Scott looked over at him, "A killer that became a werewolf." Scott said.

"Which probably made him a better killer. That's great." Stiles said sarcastically and they glance at each other for a moment before Stiles revs his engine and hits the gas, clearly in a hurry to get Kira back and return to Beacon Hills.

A little while later Scott was now the one driving while Stiles sat in the passenger seat. "Have you talked to Malia?" Scott asked, glancing over at Stiles and he sighed. "She's not talking to me... or anyone, I guess. I assumed she was pissed about Wren." He said and Scott sighed.