Ch. 54 - ORPHANED

Wren's outfit:

Chapter Fifty-Four💰 Orphaned 💰

Chapter Fifty-Four
💰 Orphaned 💰

"Your dad should be back within the hour. You want to wait in his office?" Parrish said as Stiles, Wren and Lydia walked up to him. "Actually, we wanted to talk to you." Wren said and Lydia nodded, "Privately." Lydia said making Parrish look back and forth between them before leading them into an office.

"This is a hit-list?" Parrish asked, looking down at the list in his hands, "We call it a Deadpool. Recognize any of the names?" Stiles asked and Parrish nodded. "Yeah... the Sheriff had me run a bunch of these through the system last night, but we couldn't find any of them." Parrish said looking up at them.

"Show him the other thing." Stiles said and Lydia sighed before turning the paper over. Parrish looked down and stood up in shock when he saw his name. "Okay... That's kind of terrifying. What's the number?" He asked and Wren pursed her lips.

"That's how much you're worth..." Wren said slowly as she sat down on the arm of the couch. "I'm worth five dollars???" Parrish said, turning around to look at her offended, "Five million." Stiles said holding up five fingers. "I only make forty thousand a year. Maybe I should kill myself." Parrish said making Wren chuckle.

"I don't get it. Why... Why am I on this?" Parrish asked and Wren sighed, "Honestly? That might be a question for another day. Right now, there's still another third of the list we gotta crack. We need the third cipher key." Wren said and Lydia nodded, "But we need help getting it." 

"From who?" Parrish asked and Lydia glanced around sheepishly, "Meredith..." She said making Parrish raise his eyebrows at her. "The girl from Eichen? The last time you saw her, you almost gave her a nervous breakdown." Parrish said as he walked over to the door while Lydia scoffed, "Uh, almost!" She said making her sister sigh and pinch the bridge of her nose.

💰

"Oh, no. Not this guy..." Stiles mumbled as they were waiting for one of the Eichen workers to open the door. Wren looked up and over at where Stiles looked to see some mean looking old dude walking over to them. "Who is he?" Wren whispered leaning towards Stiles, "Brunski." Stiles sighed and she hummed and nodded, knowing everything that happened when Stiles was here.

"What the hell are we running here, a bed and breakfast? We do not just open the door for anyone with a badge!" Brunski said, ripping the keys out from the other guy's hand. "We need to talk to Meredith Walker. It involves a murder investigation." Parrish said making Brunski turn to them.

"Well, you can talk to her all you want, but these three? Especially that one? They're outta here." Brunski said and Wren raised her eyebrows at him while going to flip him off but Stiles grabbed her hand to stop her. "They're crucial witnesses in an ongoing investigation. I wouldn't have brought them if it wasn't absolutely... crucial."