Ch. 85 - RADIO SILENCE

Wren's outfit:

Chapter Eighty-Five⚡Radio Silence⚡

Chapter Eighty-Five
Radio Silence

"The corpus callosum is not only the largest white matter structure in the brain, but also the bridge connecting all parts of the brain to each other. The ability for all parts of the brain to communicate and to work together help us make leaps in cognitive thinking. Any questions? Thoughts? Insight?" Ms. Finch explained.

Wren sighed softly and looked down at what she was writing. She hadn't realized she had started a new chapter and furrowed her brows slightly as she read about a group of serial killers going after the main group. She's already figured out that characters in the last chapter having amnesia is a play on the Ghost Riders, but what is serial killers a play on.

"Am I ever gonna be able to read what you write?" She heard that voice say making her look up. She slightly glanced around the classroom when her eyes slowly trailed to the window making her notice a blue jeep sitting in the parking lot and a guy from the tow truck company looking it over.

She stared at it for a moment as the figure with a blurred face flickered in and out of the driver's seat. "Wren." Ms Finch said making Blake jump slightly as she snapped out of the trance and looked at Ms. Finch. "I uh... I agree." Wren said and Ms. Finch hummed and nodded slightly before pointing at the window. "Is there something outside that's more fascinating than the structure of the human mind?" Ms. Finch asked and Wren pursed her lips.

"I mean- Kind of." She said without thinking making Ms. Finch raise her eyebrows as Lydia lightly pinched Wren's arm. "No." Wren corrected herself and Ms. Finch nodded, "Okay, good. Now, many people credit the corpus callosum, uh, for giving us a sense of intuition, gut instinct, that even we ourselves aren't aware." Ms. Finch started explaining.

Wren glanced over at Lydia and Scott as Ms. Finch started walking away. Lydia was sitting next to Blake and Scott was sitting at the table next to them, both looking at Wren in concern.

"You've been writing for almost a year and you're only on chapter four?"

She heard the voice say again making her look back out the widow to see the guy starting to hook up the jeep. "I'll be right back." Wren said before getting up and running out of class.

"Hey! Hey, you can't tow this Jeep!" Wren said as she ran out side and over to the jeep making the guy look over at her. "Paperwork says I can. It's reported as abandoned." He said and she rolled her eyes before resting her hand on the jeep and giving him a fake smile, "And now it's not." She said making him raise his eyebrows at her.

"Oh, this is your vehicle?" He asked and she rolled her eyes again, "Does it matter?" She asked and he scoffed. "Sounds like a no." He said and she went to say something but Scott and Lydia ran up to them. "It's mine! Uh, my Jeep. Thank you. I'll move it... once I get the keys... from my locker... after you leave." Scott said.