~Chapter 1~

If you see text that looks like this anywhere in the story (which will not be super often) just know it is a narration, and no one is actually "saying" it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No One's P.O.V

It was dawn; the sun just barely showing through the trees and onto the waking kingdom as the workers made their way through the town to the castle. As they arrived with their children, just before they entered the castle, they would bid them little one's 'farewell for now' with a kiss, a hug, and a warning not to venture into the woods.

As the sun climbed higher into the sky and the work day began, the kids got to their playing. Some would play tag, some hide and seek, some would draw in the dirt or pick the wild flowers the grew on the tree line, and some would even practice braiding on each other....all except for two, who everyday would quietly make their way past the tree line and into the thick wood.

"Come ON karl, before the other kids see us!" sapnap whisper yelled over his shoulder as he took his friends hand and started to trudge past the tree line.

Karl covered his mouth to silence himself as he giggled, letting sapnap guide him through the thick brush. After a bit of walking, and one ruff crawl through a large bush, they happened upon a small grass clearing framed by trees and rocks.

This was there secret spot: it was far enough into the woods that they could be alone, but close enough that they wouldn't get lost if their parents came looking for them. This was where they spent all of their time together.

"Okay, what should we play today?" sapnap asked, turning to face karl as he plopped down on the grass, criss cross (...applesauce).

Karl stood thinking, scratching his head. "Uuuuuuhhhh OHH I know: let's play grass kingdom!" karl exclaimed, fidgeting up and down.

"OOOO Okay, I'll be the king: kiiiinnnggg uuuhhh......MAGNUS-yeah, king magnus!" sapnap said, jumping up and putting fists on his hips.

"WAIT WAIT" karl shouted. Sapnap froze and watched patiently as karl walked over to a berry bush and got on his knees. He stuck his arm under the bush, seemingly searching for something. Eventually he pulled his hand out and stood up and turned back to face sapnap, revealing a small daisy crown he had made and stashed there the day before. He skipped happily over to sapnap.

"What is a king without a crown?" he said as he adjusted the crown on sapnap's head.

"There!" he exclaimed, clasping his hands as he looked at sapnap's crown.

Sapnap's eyes had stars in them as his face lit up: "COOOLLL, Thank you" he stood proudly holding his head high and puffing out his chest. Karl giggled at his friend.

"But wait: what do I play? Who am I?" karl asked curious

"uuuuhhhh, well it's grass kingdom...sooo maybe a ladybug?" sapnap relaxed and crossed his arms to think.

"Nah. Too dainty" karl started to gaze about his surroundings, trying to think of who he could play as alongside sapnap.

"a cat-plier?"

"no...too many legs"

"a bubberfly?" (yes the misspellings are intentional, they are young and can't enunciate)

"How about a bumble bee?" karl asked, as he pointed at the wild flowers that grew at the base of one of the trees; a small bumble bee could be seen buzzing happily as it hovering from flower to flower.