~Chapter 29~

_-_-_ Day of the party_-_-_

No One's P.O.V

The sun was barely shinning through the window of the small room. Sapnap and karl were still asleep, and so they did not know that just ahead of them, on the floor of the doorway, sat the woman in rags.

She sat quietly, watching them as they both slept, but she didn't dare get closer for fear of waking them. Her eyes were glossy and pink, like she had been crying. She studied the pendant around karls neck, and she slowly got up and crawled across the floor to them. 

Her hand was inches away from it but...she didn't grab it. She knew what that pendant meant to karl now, and she couldn't bare to rip it from him. She sat back from them as tears started to well in her eyes: she knew what was to become of them should the plan be fulfilled. She sensed a presence approaching

They're coming

She quickly stood up and ran out, shutting the door behind her just as a light turned the corner. The figure held a lit candle and was dressed in a dark cloak. They had something under their arm.

"The fuck is wrong with you?" They spoke coldly

"Nothing...I'm fine" the woman replied, straitening herself

They only made a face back, shoving the thing under her into her chest, hard. The woman chocked back a cough, not wanting to wake the boys there were mere feet away. The figure leaned into her, whispering in her ear.

"I have eyes everywhere, and they're all on you. You'll hold your end of the deal, because if you don't....well, say hi to your husband down under for me"

They pulled away, storming off in the other direction. The woman stood shaking, waiting for the light to disappear completely. She reached for the door, pushing it open to look at them once more; emotions boiling.

"I'm sorry"

She quickly pulled the door shut, creating a loud slam before running off into the darkness

Karl P.O.V

My eyes shot open, and all I could hear was a residing echo: something woke me up. I slowly sat up, realizing where I was. I was in a daze, like a waking sleep. I scanned the room absently, but when I saw sapnap sleeping peacefully against the wall, I just couldn't look away. I studied his features in the faint light: his dark hair, his smooth skin. I traced his jawline with my eyes over and down to his broad shoulders. I felt a rush of heat in my face, and I looked to his hands. They were rugged and covered in sot from the floor, and I could see defined veins running from his hand up his muscular arm. I began lightly tracing them with my fingers, down into his hand. His palm was soft and warm I carefully and slowly intertwined my fingers with his. 

He suddenly picked his head up, and my eyes returned to his face. Shit. I pulled my hand back, but those eyes: they were so soft and warm as they looked at me, drawing me in slowly. 

"What's wrong" he asked in a whisper

I took a second to answer: "I heard something" it came out monotone.

Fuck that was close

He looked to the door, and quickly got up to investigate. It was only when he got up I 'came back' and realized the seriousness of the situation the door was closed now. I followed up right behind him. He slowly opened the door and peaked out.

"Is there anyone there?" I asked

"Don't see anyone"

He retreated back, closing the door. 

"Do you think anyone saw us?"

"I don't think so...maybe the door just blew shut? They would have woken us up right, if we were found"