~Chapter 38~

When life is happening so you want to escape with writing but you can't escape with writing because life is happening...y'know🥲

also also DISCLAIMER: I am not a smut writer: I'm bad at it and frankly don't care for it (especially cause I don't believe in that for this ship/fanfiction). HOWEVER, I will write very limey and ✨riskay✨ scenes because come one😏. Anyway this chapter is one of those, fair warning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karl P.O.V

I admired the sky and fireflies above as I caught my breath. The world was quiet, but in my mind I could still hear the faint melody of the song played earlier that night, so soft and intimate. I sat up and looked around, "It reminds me of our spot back home, only bigger" I crossed my hands over my knees.

He hummed in response, putting his hands behind his head.

"Do you remember when we were kids, how we planned on building a house in our spot?"

"heh Yeah, it was made from the oak trees and covered in wild flowers"

"Yeah, and as I recall we would fight about it a lot because someone wanted to live in a tree house when I wanted it to be on the ground" I teased

"And as I recall treehouses are awesome, and why live on the ground when you can live in a tree?"

"Because then you could have a porch to sit out on hot days. And I wanted a little garden" I pouted

"You were surrounded by flowers what could you possibly want a garden for?!?"

"For growing FOOD you nimrod. My god what were you going to eat, leaves?" I taunted

"Um hellOO, son of the baker here??- I would have figured something out." he smirked

"Son of a bitch is what you are" I muttered, trying not to smile

He scoffed and smacked my leg. I chuckled as I rested my head and looked out at the field, enjoying the peace; I could see our horse on the other side grazing quietly. My mind began wandering.

"Niki told me something tonight"

"Oh yeah?"

"She might be leaving the royal line"

"Wait hwhat? Are you kidding?" he sat up, not believing me at first

"Yeah, when she told her dad Jack wasn't a prince, he said she had to break it off or leave the line"

"Woah...that's tough" he said, propping up his knee and leaning back on one hand

"yeah... " but I thought more and "No, actually. Not for her. The choice was like a no brainer. You should've heard her, saying she no longer wanted what she thought, and all she wanted was to be with him. Like the prospect of leaving everything behind didn't scare her at all. I mean she hasn't made the choice yet, but I know in her heart she already decided."

"May look like that, but a choice like that is never easy...no matter the person."

I looked at sapnap, the way he said that sounded funny. "Is that your way of saying you did something similar?" I joked.

He didn't say anything, but he looked...concerned? I don't know, but something about him wasn't right anymore.

"What is it?" I was surprised, what could you possibly have to pick between?  "Tell me" 

"Nothing" he sounded worried. Wtf?

"What no" why is he getting defensive? "what was it, seriously tell me"