~Chapter 15~

Hello :)

Okay so the music is still canonically playing from last chapter...just a small fyi.

I'll make it clear when that music has stopped (if you chose to listen to it)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No One's P.O.V

"Let. Him. Go"

Karl peered to see sapnap standing in front of quackity, pointing a blade to his chest. His eyes were filled with rage.

"What do you think you are doing?" Quackity questioned sternly, keeping his grip firm on karl's wrist

"Let karl go, or else..." Sapnap responded, pushing the blade closer to quackity's chest

"What? You think threatening me with a sword will make me do whatever you say? In case you haven't noticed: you are in my house now, my kingdom. I'm the prince, so step aside. You don't scare me, and you can't kill me!" quackity stated with a laugh

"I wouldn't be so sure..." sapnap lifted and pressed the tip of the blade under quackity's chin

Quackity tensed for a second, loosening his grip just enough on karl to get his hand free. He quickly pulled his hand to his chest as he drove behind sapnap. Sapnap lowered his blade and took karl's arm.

"Let's go" he said in a low tone, pulling karl off into the crowd.

"YOU ARE GONNA REGRET THIS KARL!!" Quackity shouted after them, but not pursuing.

Sapnap continue through the crowd until they were at the back wall, where he found a set of sitting couches around a small fireplace. He walked over and sat down, pulling karl down next to him. Karl hung his head, keeping his one hand close to his chest.

"Karl are you okay? efhuehf I knew it, I knew I shouldn't have let you go with him: he was nothing but trouble. Did he hurt you? Let me see your wris--"

"WHY DID YOU DO THAT ???" karl suddenly yelled, picking his head up

Sapnap pulled my hands up startled "Karl..I"

"Tonight was a big night, and I was supposed to make a good impression and help my mom with the alliance, but now that is possibly ruined because you THREATENED THE PRINCE WITH A SWORD!?!?!?" karl yelled through tears

"because he was threatening YOU!!! He wanted to do things--BAD things to you!! No one deserves to be treated like that, especially you" sapnap replied, shocked by karl's adverse reaction.

"Don't you get it? I have no choice: I have no more free will. My mom is the queen, and I have to do what she says is best for Corinth...*sigh*....you can't protect me from everything. You can't just whip out a sword every time someone tries to put their hands on me...You just..*sniffle* can't" karl started to tear up, covering his face with his good hand and letting the one on his chest drop to his leg.

"Karl: It doesn't matter if you are a prince or a popper: everyone deserves protection, and to feel safe and cared for. You are my best friend, and I'll be damed if I just stand by and watch someone take advantage you. Please...let me help you...let me protect you, let me..." sapnap placed his hand over karl's on his leg, triggering karl to look up at sapnap, his eyes pink and glossed over with tears.

Sapnap lost his words in an instant, and all sense of reality for that matter. All he could hear was the ending violin, and all he could see was karl. Time slowed for just a moment....

And just like that the song ended. The crowd clapped and cheered, breaking the trance.

"....I uh....I'm--" sapnap tried to speak, but was interrupted