~Chapter 31~

"The fuck is this 'we'? Last time I checked you sit up there in luxury with them-" wilbur retorted, but wasn't acknowledged. Sapnap dropped the scissors on the table and started over to wilbur. 

"She's become consumed by greed- raising the price of living here- taxing the hell out of everyone to the point of bankruptcy. Its her way of trying to get control to gain power. She is loaded, and I remember being tricked by someone to steal from her in order to gain just a fraction of that power"

He stood right at eye level with wilbur.

"I wonder what he would think if I told him he could get more"

Wilbur looked skeptical, thinking of how this could be a trick or trap somehow. Sapnap saw the hesitation and doubt.

"Or, you can do nothing- let the literal key to riches become useless after the locks get changed in the morning. Let the completely unprotected gold sit idly in the vault while the royals, guards, and myself live it up miles and miles away, unable to see or do anything...while you stay here, All. alone." sapnap started walking back to his station.

Wilbur took a good look at sapnap: something snapped in him, it was bad...really bad, and I love it

A devilish smile slowly appeared on his face

"Well, that is something now isn't it- seems very opportunistic"

"Yeah...definitely something" sapnap picked up the scissors again and resumed his work

"Yep, so what's the catch?" Wilbur said serious, "Is this some fit of yours to be relevant again to her majesty? Is someone gonna magically inform her that there is a group plotting for her downfall that starts cleaning out her pockets? hmm?" a twinge of anger in his voice ( "do you think I'm an idiot?" energy)

"What's in it for you?" wilbur asked, and sapnaps smugness faded a little, and he stopped cutting. All of the anger had dissolved, and he was able to think clearly for a second.

She hurt me, she hurt him- she deserves more than hell could ever give. It is revenge for everything she has ever done.

But...what would he think? That's his mom...could I be going too far? And bad- that's his friend...she's like family to us, to me. What would he think if he saw me doing this?

Maybe-

The moment of clarity was soon fogged over with returning anger.

No, this is punishment for everything she has put him through, and what she had done to me. I needed her and she turned on me- there is no mercy now, only revenge

He turned to face wilbur, speaking directly "I have no desire to pine for her grace anymore- I am nothing to her, and so she is the same to me. There is no catch, no strings attached, no rug pulls- nothing, but the choice is yours" sapnap said, turning back to his work just in time for the guard to see him as he returned, placing a spool of yarn in his station. The guard looked at wilbur, who gave one more puzzling glance to sapnap before resuming his work.

Sapnap's mind was quiet but certain: anger had taken over him, and there was no going back now. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile,

"The roses can go over here, and the lilies- Oh on the banister please!" niki stood as a conductor in the hustle of final decor for her party later that day. She watched with glowing eyes as it all came together.