~Chapter 6~

School is starting up, work is packing on, and the kids that I watch/tutor are also back in school so I will be starting with them again. I'm very busy, but I've never been happier :)

Also, the picture for this chapter is the castle steps just FYI, cause its a scene in here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~The Next Morning~

Sapnap P.O.V

"GET YOUR LAZY ASS UP WE GOTTA GO" was the first thing I heard this morning as I was being shaken awake by techno. 

"what wHAt I'M UP. What are you on about??" I was confused at first until I remembered that today was the crowing ceremony.

"Wait, how long do we have? Are we late?" I asked, getting out of bed as techno ran to my window. He leaned out so far I thought he was going to fall.

"YES! They already had the ceremony at the church, so we have to be at the castle steps in the next 5 minutes if we want to actually see them" Techno said anxiously, head still looking out my window. I quickly ran to my bag and pulled out cloths to wear.

"HURRY MAN!" Techno pulled his head back inside and ran out of my open door. I changed as fast as I could and ran down the stairs to the tavern. I made my way through tables and chairs to techno, who was waiting for me at the entrance.

"We'll just make it if we run" were the last words he said before sprinting off down the cobblestone rode. I took off after him, not wanting to trust my memory and get lost.

I wonder who the new heir is? Maybe some one for another kingdom? I wonder why he would pick a new heir in the first place...weird

I ran with techno in the direction of the castle. We turned a corner and I stopped dead in my tracks: what seemed like the whole kingdom was crowded in front of the steps already. Everyone was talking and moving, antsy to meet the new heirs. I walked to stand with techno and them, but from all the way back here I could not see a thing. Well I guess thats what we get for sleeping in. I gave up on trying to get a view of the castle and started looking around for karl, hoping he was here and that I would still recognize him after 13 years.

Maybe he got here early and was standing near the front. If I could get to the steps, I could climb up and look above everyone to see if I could spot him.

"I can't see a thing, I'm gonna see if I can get closer" 

"Good luck man" Techno replied as I left to get closer.

As I started to my way through the horde, a band of trumpets started to play, silencing all conversations in the crowd and making my moving and shoving forward 1000x more awkward than it already was. Once the trumpets ceased, an announcer began

"HEAR ye HEAR ye : On this day, we are changing the course of our kingdom's history, we-"

Oh my god will he shut the fuck up and get to the POINT?!?!?  Maybe I'll run into karl before I get to the steps so I don't have to get closer to his babbling

I continued though the crowd, getting closer to the steps. I could start to see glimpses of what looked like the new heir standing on top of the steps in front of the castle doors.

"AAND Now, I introduce to you, your new heir and queeeeennnn------"

Yeeeaaaahhhhh OFUFJUYG

A kid ran in front of me and made me stumble. Not only did I miss the name, but now everyone was jumping and cheering, making it hard to hear even my own thoughts. Dam kid . Annoyed, I continued to press my way through loud shouts and bobbing elbows to the front.

almost there. Just a few....more....people

"AND now, introducing their next in line, and our future ruleeeeeeerrrrr"

wait what? They have a kid--I MADE IT 

I pushed through the last 2 people and looked up at the castle steps

"Prince Karl Jacobs"

To my absolute and utter shock, there he stood: my childhood friend, the one I haven't seen for 13 years, the one who I came back to see, the one I had hoped to run into here...was standing in front of the castle doors wearing the prince's crown. I looked to the woman dressed elegantly next to him and saw it was Puffy who was the new queen.

How is thi...when did...JDOJNDJNSFN HOW?!??!?!?!

The crowd continued to cheer as I stood dunfounded. The announcer spoke again, but I couldn't hear a thing...everything was muffled and all I could focus on was the boy standing over me

"----Once again, your new royalty: Queen Cara and Prince Karl." Puffy and karl stood together, smiling and waved to the cheering crowd.

I studied him from the steps. Even after 13 years, karl's features stayed the same for the most part. But he wasn't the same kid I knew: he was taller, and older, and much more regal now. Well, at least his smile stayed the same. I admired his smile, showing perfect white teeth that seem to reflect the sunlight. I always loved karl's smile, his whole face would light up with his nose wrinkling just a little.

Karl and Puffy soon turned and walked together though the doors of the castle. Once the doors shut behind them, the crowd began to dispersed. I stood staring at the castle steps where karl stood, my thoughts racing

How is this even possible? What happened while I was gone?

It really has been a long time...there must be so much I have missed, so much I was not there for. What happened? What made this a reality?  What kind of a person he has become.

Did he forget my promise? Or the time we spent together as kids

......does he even remember me?

"Man there are like a thousand children everywhere, like where are their parents? are they orphans or something? Cause if so--Hey, are you okay?" techno asked as he walked up next to me

"That was him..."

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

"He was why I came back, he was my reason to come back. All these years I waited techno, I prayed for the day I could come back to him. The day we could pick up were we left off, like nothing ever happened...but so much has happened. He is the prince now, and who am I: someone who has been living in the past for too long." I reached up and touched the pendant that hung under my shirt.

"Sap?" he put a hand on my shoulder, but I shrugged him off

"I need to be alone...I'll see you later" I started off in the other direction, no destination in mind.

What was I thinking? How did I think that nothing would change in the last 13 years?

I promised I'd come back but...he never said he'd wait for me

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got pets? If you don't, what would you want as a pet? 

I had a rat when I was in 3rd grade named remy, he was a chunky monkey. I really want a dog, but my family is allergic to them :(