~Chapter 41~

Sapnap continued to struggle as the guards dragged him down the hall, stopping at the door of the strange dungeon room, and throwing him in it. They slammed the door shut as sapnap threw his body against it. 

"YOU'RE MAKING A BIG MISTAKE! I'M BEING FRAMED! YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME- I'M INNOCENT! LET ME GO!" He yelled from behind the thick wood of the door.

"What are you doing back here?"

Sapnap spun around startled to see a figure crouched on the stack of hay in the room. He hadn't noticed her there before. 

"I told you not to come back here it's not safe, why are you here!?!? What happened!?!? Where is karl!?! What has she done!?!?" She stood up, taking some steps forward to him. As his eyes adjusted to the darkness, he recognized her as the ragged woman. Sapnap was immediately on edge, and she saw it. 

"woah- No need to get all hopped up, I won't hurt you" she said softly, backing up a little bit

"I don't know that, I barely know who you are" his voice tense

"I promise you do- you just don't recognize me" she put her hands up

"What?"

She straightened up, brushing her hair out of her face. It didn't take long for him to recognize her then. 

"You...you were the one I met outside on the balcony. You..." Fear turned to anger as sapnap started toward her. She backup more in response.

"No, now hang on a sec-"

"What are you doing here, who are you- tell me NOW!" Sapnap yelled, sizing her up as she stumbled into the wall.

"It's not what you think-" sapnap placed his hand around her throat.

"Don't try to lie to me- you have been sneaking around since day one! We SAW the message- we know you're the wolf, or you work for them and you're looking to start shit up. You were there the night we almost died...you probably had something to do with that, didn't you!?!? and now thanks to you I might never see him again...This is ALL YOUR FAULT!" sapnap's eyes started to water

"I know...I failed you guys"

Sapnap's rage was halted briefly

"It was my duty to protect you, to protect everyone...and I didn't." she said defeated.

"What the fuck are you talking about- protect everyone? You're the one that everyone needs protection from" sapnap retorted

"Look I know you don't trust me, but I am not the one you need to be afraid of. She is the one you need to fear" she was instantly serious, looking sapnap right in the eye. Light purple reflected in her eyes with the little light that poured into the room as the sun started to rise. His gripped loosened on her.

"She? The wolf is a she?" sapnap eyed her

"Wolf? What are you talking about?"

"The message on the wall," sapnap pointed to the wall opposite the door, backing away from her to read it himself. "You wrote that as a warning to us- 'beware the wolf' "

She looked and sighed in disbelief, "No...no I didn't"

"Then who did?"

"The queen- look she's trying to trick you" she sounded desperate

"Puffy? Trick me about what? and why should I believe you?"

"Because I'm living proof of what she is capable of"

Baffled and unnerved, sapnap let her go.

"Proof of what? What did she do?"

(AN: this next part is gonna be in like a flashback kinda style, just FYI- language might get a little funky🕺)