~Chapter 13~

I LIVE!!!
Sorry about my accidental hiatus there: the world was playing soccer and decided to use me as the ball.

Also, thank you for almost 400 reads! It means a lot!! Don't forget to vote too! (you don't have to tho :) )

Okay: back to the original plot of the movie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(time skip to when they get to the partay)

Sapnap P.O.V

Holy shit was my first thought as we approached the castle.

It was huge: there were flower decorations and fountains scattered about the exterior. The sun's rays reflected off of the water, forming a glittery pattern on the walls of the large castle.

I followed the carriage to the castle steps where it finally stopped. The coachman hopped off the front and went around to open the carriage door. Puffy was the first to emerge from the carriage, her hand out to the coachman to help her down as she held the layers of her large dress with the other hand. Karl emerged right behind her, moving to stand next to me as puffy straightened her dress and turned to us.

"Okay: this is it. Karl I need you to be on your best behavior. First impressions are everything, and they would make good allies and trade partners. I will be talking to his majesty about such business, so stay where I can see you. Stand up straight, speak clearly, and be polite. Understand?" she was sweet yet stern.

"Yes mother, I understand. " karl mumbled back to her. I could see him playing with his fingers: a trait I recognized as nervous Karl behavior. I felt a pit grow in my stomach

He shouldn't have to go alone. He's a wreck: he needs someone to be there with him

"Good. Now lets go" she responded as she began to ascend the steps. Karl slowly followed after her, still playing at his fingers.

"Oh WAIT--" before I knew what I was doing, the words came out of my mouth.

Puffy and karl stopped and turned back to me, equally confused.

"I--Uh um-- I don't mean to overstep, but maybe I could attend to Karl while you speak with the king? IF that's okay...I just thought maybe it would be less stressful...y'know?"

omfg what the hell am I saying: I sound like a ding dong--

"That's....actually not a bad idea. So be it: you can be karl's attendant. Stay together, and I'll meet you two inside" she smiled and continued up the stairs.

Karl watched her as she disappeared over the top, then looked at me. I could still see the panic in his eyes. I walked up the steps to stand with him.

"You didn't have to do that...but I'm glad you did. I don't want to be by myself in there: I wouldn't know what to do" he mumbled

"I told you I would help you didn't I? Now *clears throat* mmmmmmssshhhHAAAALLLLLL we go?" I said in a mocking fancy tone and sticking out my arm for him, trying to make him feel better.

It worked: He looked at me and smiled: "Why indeed we shall" he responded in the same tone, wrapping his arm around mine.

We walked up the stairs and into the large ballroom (the chapter pic, but a little bigger). It was filled with high ranking people from all over the map. Everyone was dressed so elegantly: from large fancy hats to shirts the length of a door frame. The dance floor was filled with people dancing in unison with one another as music filled the air.