~Chapter 3~

I met my first Karen at work...I did not deal with her directly, but I was close enough that if she saw my smile under my mask (at how ridiculous she was acting) she would have K.O'd me
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The very next day, Sapnap and his father left the place they once called home in search of a new place to live. They eventually settled in what is known as The Crimson Forest: a small village nested within the red sand valley. There they lived for the next 13 years. As the years went on, sapnap grew from a small boy into a man, and when he was old enough he got hired as a metal worker: making swords /armor/ appliances/etc..

Though much time had passed since he left Corinth, he never forgot about the life he left behind. Every time he went to bed he would look at the moon and be reminded of his friend...and the promise he made to come back one day.

No One's P.O.V

Sapnap had shown up early and was hard at work in the back room of the metal shop he worked at. His job consisted mostly of restoring weaponry and armory for the village people as well as replacing those that could not be fixed; when something was beyond repair, instead of throwing it away, they would melt it down and reuse the metal. Not all of it was used however, and with it he started a project of his own.

He worked on it any chance he could: between repairs and maintenance, during lunch break, even showing up before or staying after work. He was also very secretive and protective of it; it got to the point that no one actually knew what it was. His coworker and close friend, was indifferent at first and respected the boundary, but over time he became curious.

"Hey Sap" his friend greeted as he walked in the front door and made his way behind the counter to the work area. He picked up a brown leather apron from a hook on the wall and put it on. Sapnap stood over the workbench in deep concentration.

"Hey Punz" he said plainly, not turning away from his work.

"Did you show up early again? Normally I beat you to work" he said with a small laugh as he walked to a wall of cubbies and shelves, pulling out a sword that was in need of repair.

Sapnap did not respond. Punz turned around to look at him, and could see he was working on something important. He tried to peek over his shoulder to see what he was working on, but sapnap sensed him trying to peek and blocked his view. Punz recognized the secretive behavior and knew instantly what it was.

"Dude, how much longer are you going to work on your 'secret project'? You are gonna start falling behind if you keep up this work ethic." punz stated as he walked over to furnace.

"Hey: you worry about your work, and I'll worry about mine" sapnap responded over his shoulder.

"I'm just stating the facts man: its been a few months and all you do is work on that.....that thing--I don't even know because you won't even tell me what it IS."

"Hey here's an idea: why don't you mind your own dam business? I know what I'm doing" sapnap snapped. Punz could hear the anger, and decided to back off of talking for a while.

The work day was quiet as punz and sapnap worked on their own things, only communicating when necessary. Punz felt bad for making his friend mad, but confused on how he did it. As they worked, punz would still try catch glimpses of sapnaps project, but to no avail. His curiosity began to eat away at him: What could it be? What made it so important? What is it for?