~Chapter 21~

You know....no thing is ever on fire, its actually fire that is on thing   '___' 

bet ya didn't think of THAT did ya?....no, no you did not

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-_-_- 2 days later_-_-_

Sapnap P.O.V

I carried techno's sword over my shoulder through the large doors of the castle. He really helped give me peace of mind, so I offered to fix it up a little as a thank you for letting me crash for free.

I made my way through the castle to the forge and over to my workbench, but before I got to work, I noticed that the drawer in my bench was open a little. Knowing I didn't leave it like that, I looked inside to find a small folded piece of paper. I took it out and carefully unfolded it:

If you ever need me, you know where to find me ~K

A nostalgic happiness filled my chest as I read the note. 

I wonder if he's there now? I'll go see him :), the sword can wait

 I shoved the note in my pocket and discreetly made my exit.

_-_-_Time Skip_-_-

As I happily walked through marsh to get to our place, I could hear a faint humming coming from up ahead. Karl liked to sing sometimes, so I figured that's what it was. My happiness grew as I got closer. As I got to the bush, I could hear it wasn't singing, but talking. I was shocked and a little offended that karl would bring someone else to our spot. I decided to do a little spying and got down on my hands and knees before quietly crawling in to where I could see him, but he couldn't see me unless he ducked down. 

He was muttering something as he paced back and forth. I looked around and saw no one else with him: was he talking to himself? It was strange: it looked like he started making a crown, but the chain was too long, and ran all the way to the floor, dragging behind as he walked.

This isn't like him at all

I crawled out of hiding and stood up. When I looked at him, I noticed he gathered the daisy chain in his hand, making it look shorter. Was he trying to hide it?

"Hey M!" karl greeted, smiling brightly at me

"...Hey bee" I couldn't help but melt a little, he's just so handsome

"I'm so happy to see you! My mom told me that you were sick so you took a few days off-glad you're feeling better!"

"Yeah me too. How are you: you alright?" I asked, eyeing the daisy chain in his hands

"huh-Oh yeah," he lifted it up, "it's just my mom again" he replied nonchalantly

"Well what happened?" I asked, moving to sit down on the rock

 "We got invited to a birthday party at Kinoku Kingdom and I'm just a little anxious about it, and as if that wasn't enough," he started to pace again, "she is trying to set me up with the princess. She's like *imitate puffy voice*you need to find someone, I saw you at the welcome ball, your kingdom needs you-stop being dramatic--She makes it sound like I'M the problem, but I haven't even meet her" karl finished, continuing to pace in front of me. 

"Wait what? yeah you did" I corrected

"No. I only talked to two people that night, and that was you and niki"

"Yeah: Niki is from Kinoku Kingdom. She told us that when she introduced herself, remember?" I laughed a little: his memory was always unpredictable.