~Chapter 32~

Sunlight poured through stained glass as sapnap entered puffys office, completed leather scabbard in hand. Puffy sat at her desk, waiting for him. The guard nudged him forward, and he slowly walked to her, placing it on her desk. She looked him up and down before taking the scabbard.

"See what happens when we do what we're supposed to?- Talents get put to good use" she said slyly.

Sapnap's eyes were dark and lifeless. 

"Its a shame I have no need for your services anymore," she glared, "You may leave, and return on your own accord for tonight. We will be leaving close to sun down, be ready and out by the carriage before then, that is, if you still wish to attend. I do hope that if you chose to show your face tonight, you will at least wash it first." she eyed him.

Sapnap looked away embarrassed, rubbing his cheek with the back of his hand. She sighed.

"I wish it didn't come to this my dear, but...I must protect mine and karl's future. Tonight is really important for him, and Corinth for that matter: I can't have you stealing him and go off on your own anymore. I know you care about him, and if this goes bad it will really hurt him. You don't want that do you?"

Sapnap looked back to her, not saying anything.

"That will be all" she said, setting the scabbard down. Sapnap turned and left, but turned back just before she was out of sight

"Puffy..."

She looked at him, her face like stone. He searched for something, anything to give him hope, but her eyes were porcelain- unapologetic and lifeless. He held back tears.

"How am I getting there?" his voice cracked

"I've arranged a second carriage" her tone flat, "now run along dear"

The guard nudged him harder this time, and sapnap left. He was promptly escorted out of the castle, the large doors shutting behind him with force.

He stood frozen in place, eyes on the ground and breathing heavily. He then looked off to the running outskirts. He slowly walked around the large brick wall and to the treeline, trying not to cry. He made it to the wall like hedge and pushed to the other side...only to find an empty clearing. 

Never before in his life had sapnap felt so alone then he did in that moment. Not even after those 14 years away had he felt such a heavy sadness in his heart. 

Eventually sapnap made his way back to civilization and to the tavern. He went into the bar quietly, scanning the room. There were two people at tables, and techno was behind the bar. He went over and sat down in front of him.

"Hey there he is: Mr.hodini- is this gonna be a normal thing with you? I used to be worried, but now I'm just curious" techno greeted with a smile

"It won't be a regular thing anymore" he replied depressed, "I'm sorry I haven't been around. Is there anything I can do to make up for it?"

"Uh what?" techno gave him a funny look

"You have been letting me stay here for free, and all I have done to repay you is leave and run around playing games...and you don't deserve that- you need so*one to be here" sapnap suddenly lost his words and started to choke up.

"Stop- back it up. What's going on, what happened-?"

"I have no home, no family, and I now lost the only people I had left! You're the only person who still cares and I have consistently neglected and ignored you and I am so sorry ..youdon'tderservethatandI'msososorry" sapnap started to spiral.

Techno tried to get him to stop, but nothing. Frustrated, he rolled his eyes and pulled out a bowl, filled it with ice and opened a bottle of beer, pouring it in as sapnap's language became more unintelligible. He then placed it on the table, calmly took a fist full of sapnaps hair, and slammed his face into the bowl. Sapnap quickly started to struggle, pulling at techno's hand and slamming the table. Techno let go, and a stunned sapnap flung up gasping for air and wiping the cold beer off his face. Techno tossed him a hand towel and took the bowl away.