Chapter Twenty

*NOT EDITED*

Alpha Mason

"Hello." I yelled out. I had just woken up and found myself somewhere deep in the woods that wasn't a part of my territory.

"Son." I turned around and saw my father standing before me. "You called."

"Dad, is that you?" I hesitantly walked towards him so that I was standing in front of him. It was him, he looked slightly older but good to say the least. "Hi dad." We embraced, "Where's mom?"

"Right here." My mom said appearing out of nowhere at my dad side. "Oh Mason." She came and wrapped her arms around me.

"I'm sorry." I said as the tears left my eyes. "I miss you guys."

"We missed you to son." My dad said. "But you have to go back and make things right. What you did to Hailee is a disgrace."

He was disappointed with me. I knew he would be. If there was anything he preached more to me it was to always love and cherish and respect your mate it was "the key to being a good Alpha and a loving mate."

"I know." I put my head down in shame. My mom rubbed my back as a way to comfort, I didn't deserve the gesture. "She, the pack all hate me."

"She doesn't hate you." Carrie said coming from behind a tree. I looked everywhere but her, I just couldn't look in her eyes knowing what I did to Hailee. Especially when I knew that she was like a second mother to me growing up. "She loves you, you just made a mistake."

"I'm sorry. Please relay the message to your husband."

"I will." She agreed.

I wondered why he didn't come but I chose not to ask considering I was afraid of the answer.

"He's having a talk with Sam." She told me. "When I first met James he wasn't so keen on having a mate either, he made some mistakes and he made up for them just as you will do, correct?"

"Yes ma'am." She nodded.

"Now you run off, go make us proud." She kissed me cheek, and after I said goodbye to my parents they all slowly disappeared.

<><>

My eyes popped open and there I was inside of one of the packs hospital rooms. A light shined above me making me cover my eyes.

"Alpha Mason." Leah came and hovered above me. "How are you feeling?" She turned off the light.

"Water." I croaked out. She place a cups of water in my hand, I swallow it all. "How long have I been out?"

"Three days. The sliver almost killed you but I was able to get it out of you bloodstream just in time. Everything should be working well."

"The pack?" I asked.

"We've been under attack, twice so far. Alpha Noah has come to help, but each time they come back in twice as much numbers than before."

"I need to get up, unhook me."

"Alpha you're awake but your body still needs to recover."

"Now." I ordered in my Alpha tone.

"No." I looked past her to see Hailee standing in front of the door. "You need to rest." Her face looked blotchy as she had just been crying, her hair was wild and her eyes had bags under them. She walked forward so that she was standing over me. "How are you feeling?" She asked.

"Fine." I said just as Leah left the room to give us some privacy. "The pack under attack I need to get up."

"Everything fine. Sam have everything under control, Alpha Noah is here to." I still tried to get up only to have her push me back down. "Just rest for a few hours, please." I couldn't say no to her so I laid back down. "Wanna watch a movie?"

I couldn't help but smile at her suggesting. "Hailee I can't watch a movie knowing my pack is under attack."

"Fine." She sighed. "Let's just lay here." She climb in next to me.

"Hailee?" I didn't want her to feel like she had to do this just because I was hurt.

"Its fine, just relax." She laid her head on my shoulder and placed her hand around my waist. "You smell good." She said pressing her head into my neck.

My breath hitched,"Hailee, you don't have to do this." Having her this close did feel good but again I didn't want her to feel like she had to do this.

After a few minutes she finally responded. "I do, I almost lost you."

"But-." I trailed off.

She sat up so that she was facing me. "Do you not want to be with me?" She asked getting defensive.

"No! What? I mean yes I want to be with you." She smiled.

"Okay then." She laid back down.

"But-" she cut my off.

"Shhh, rest." I nodded.

Luna Hailee

Once he fell asleep I got up from the bed. I kissed his cheek and left the room. As much as it felt good to be in his arms I had to get up and check on the pack.

"How's it looking?" I asked Mark through our mind link.

"I just did patrol and there is no sign of the rogues."

"Good."

"How's Alpha?"

"He just woke up. He's resting now."

"Good, I'll check in later."

I made my way back to the pack house and met Sam in Mason's office. "How's Mason?"

"Good. So what's the plan?"

"Some of the trackers found the rogues hiding spot. We plan on attacking them tonight."

"Good. Where's Kate?"

"She helping feeding the children and the pack fighters."

"I'm gonna go help." I stood to walk out when Sam called my name. "Yes."

"I think your mate is an asshole but you're gonna make an excellent Luna."

In some way that was his way of saying that he approved, even though I didn't need his approval I was happy that he did.

I helped Kate cook and serve the children and pack fighters and also went to check on Michelle who was very emotional after Mason attack. Once I was done I headed back to the hospital. Mason was awake and already dressed. "How are you feeling?"

"Better. Thank you."

"We've found where the rogues are hiding out at. We are attacking them tonight."

"I'm impressed at how easily it was for you to go Luna."

"Well it have always been my destiny to become a Luna."

"Yes, you're right." He placed his hand in mine. "I should have accepted you from the beginning and I'm sorry that I didn't."

I nodded, "I forgive you."

Justin Bieber: Die In Your Arms

Mason in MM

Check out my other stories, "The Human Mate" and "Resisting the Alpha"

P.S. Beware of the Ides of March