The Young She-Wolf

Chapter One 

LUNA HAILEE

They say when you find your mate it's one of the most beautiful things that you will ever experience

They say when you find your mate it's one of the most beautiful things that you will ever experience. The scent of your mate is the first thing that attracts you, and you will feel an automatic pull towards that person. A mate will love you unconditional and do anything to protect and keep you happy. Today is my sixteenth birthday also the day that I could possibly find my mate. I was excited but nervous at the same time.

I wanted my mate to be pleased that he got me as his mate. I was about 5'5, the average size of a she-wolf with dirty blond hair and bluish-grayish eyes. I had tan skin and a slim figure with minimum curves in all the right places. I thought that I was pretty but also quite average looking.

"Our mate will love us." My wolf voiced. "We're perfect for him."

"Thanks."

I was quite lucky to have a perfectly good relationship with my wolf. Even though she's a part of me she still had her own thoughts and feelings. Not having a good relationship with your wolf could put loads of stress on you and constant headaches from all the back and forth between the two of you.

After her words of encouragement, I eventually got out of bed and made my way to the bathroom. After my morning routine was complete, I went to my closet to find the dress that I bought yesterday with my brother's mate, Kate.

It was a navy blue V-neck skater dress with a lighter blue rose print in varies places all over the dress. I paired the dress with a pair of white lace up heeled sandals. I curled my hair using a wand curler before starting my makeup. For makeup, I went with a thick layer of liquid eyeliner, a little mascara, and a hot pink lip. Once I was finished I grabbed my book bag and headed downstairs.

With excitement brewing within me, I ran down the steps of the pack house and into the kitchen where many people were eating breakfast and making conversation. As I walked in many people bowed their heads showing me their respect.

Before my father had been killed he had been the Beta of The Moonlight Pack. Now that he was dead my brother had taken over his position. Both of my parents had been killed eight and a half years ago during a surprise rogue attack. As a result, the only family that I have left was my brother and his mate, Kate. Since my parents had died I had learned to cope with it but it was still a big void in my heart that I hoped my mate could fill.

"Good morning," I say with a big smile plastered on my face.

"Happy Birthday!" Kate said pulling me into a hug. "I got you the perfect gift that I know you mate will love." She whispers the last part low enough that I could barely hear even with my werewolf enhanced hearing.

I opened the bag to see it was a red lace lingerie from Victoria Secret. "Kate!" I groaned as my cheeks grew hot.

Kate and Sam had been mated for a few years now. She was previously part of The New Elite Pack but once she and Sam met, she instantly packed up and joined our pack. Kate had platinum blonde hair with tan skin. She was about my height and had green eyes. Since her and my brother had mated me and her had been extremely close, and she acted as my older sister/mother figure since my mother's death.