Chapter Thirty

*NOT EDITED AND WON'T BE UNTIL BOOK IS OVER* 

Chapter Thirty

LUNA HAILEE

 Having so many extra people on our land on top of having so many grieving pack members was beyond stressful

Having so many extra people on our land on top of having so many grieving pack members was beyond stressful. I had to be there for the grieving pack members emotional as well as be a great hostess for the people visiting. Luckily, I had a great mate to be there to help with the large load.

"I'm gonna go check on Alex, can you call to make the flower arrangements for the funeral this weekend?"

"Of course, Luna," He teased, "Anything you want?"

I rolled my eyes, "Can you not mock me; I'm only trying to make sure everything is perfect."

"Baby, I'm sorry." He massaged my shoulders, "I was only teasing. I know that you're just helping out."

"I forgive you," With a peck on the lips we each went to handle our assigning task. Before going to the pack house, I made a stop in the kitchen to pick up food. "Knock, knock." Opening the door, I was met with Alex sitting in the chair, face stained with tears.

Going up to her I placed the tray of food on her lap. "Thanks." She eyed the hamburger and fries, starved from her lack of eating.

"Welcome, Can I get you anything else?"

"No, I really appreciate you and all your pack for being so generous," She told me with a genuine smile.

"It seems as if the whole issue with our packs was bogus, no need to keep up with the parade." Max had been the reason for our pack's rivalry and now that he was captured I had no anger in my heart for The Red Bloods pack.

"Absolutely," She agreed.

My eyes shifted to her mate who was currently in a pre-coma. Looking at his unconscious body my mind drifted to just a few weeks ago when Mason lied in that exact same hospital bed unconscious just as Ryan is right now, and being the emotional person I am the water works instantly starting building up.

"Um, you okay there?" Alex asked awkwardly.

"I'm such a crybaby." I wiped under my eyes. "A few weeks ago Mason was attacked by Max and I remember really thinking he was gonna die. Top five worst days of my life." I explained.

"Um-."

I cut her off by laughing. "I didn't mean to make things awkward seeing your mate and seeing you at his side like this kind of gave me a flashback of that day." I paused, "Even though right before he had broken my heart, finding out that he was hurt nearly broke me."

Thinking back on those days and the way Mason hurt me always made me want to find him and slap the shit out of him. Sometimes I would find myself ignoring him, not being able to ignore the ache in my heart, other times I would accept the fact that I had forgiven him and needed to move on from the situation if I wanted things to work out. Essential I'm able to forgive him but I can and will never forget.