Chapter Three

Alpha Mason

I stood outside her door listening to her cry. It was never my intention to hurt her; I just think she's too young. Right now my pack is going through a lot of things. We're still trying to rebuild our pack after the rouge attack eight years ago that killed both of our parents and lot of other wolfs. I don't want her to have all this pressure on her, after all I do know what it's like. After the attack everybody looked to me to fix everything I had just turned sixteen and had so much more to learn from my parents.

In the mist of everything, I never thought about my mate, which is every unusual since, every wolf -male and female- yearns for his or her mate. I guess I was to tie up in everything to even think about having a mate, as of now she's pretty much all I can think about.

"Well go mark her." My wolf growled

"No." I growled back

That was the first time he spoken to me since I left Hailee at the gas station, the only thing I got out of him all day was his cries for his mate.

"This sucks." I heard her say.

"Fuck my life!" I was walking down the steps when I saw Sam -my Beta and Hailee brother- and his mate Kate coming through the door. She had her legs wrapped around his waist and they were basically dry humping each other. You could tell he was having a hard time focusing on her and walking, he nearly fell every time he took a step.

"Get a room." I said making them break apart. When Kate heard my voice she immediately unwrapped her legs from his waist and jumped down.

"Alpha.... Sorry about that." She said trying to hide her blush by standing behind Sam.

"Cock block." He mouthed and I flicked him off.

"Pack meeting in an hour." I stated and said goodbye to them before leaving out the house. I walked to the woods and went behind a tree and stripped. I hid my clothes and shifted into my all black wolf.

<><>

"Silence!" I said as I stood in front of my whole entire pack, all 203 members. "There been lot of rouge sightings around ours and the New Elite pack. We believe is the same group of rogues who attack those many years ago. We want to be very cautions so I and Beta Samuel put together new pack rules, similar to the ones before." I nodded at Sam to continue.

"One: If you go for a run past 7 pm you must have someone accompany you. Two: Curfew 12 pm, for all women and children. And lastly three: No more going to the lake." The pack groaned.

For as long as I could remember the lake has always been the hangout spot for both the pups and elders. I never understood while my dad didn't just buy it and make it a part of our land. "Sorry guys but until we purchase the land, we cannot risk you being there." Sam pleaded with the rest of the pack.

"We need to be prepared for anything so as of now there will be an extra hour added to training time." The pack groan once again.

As Sam continues to explain the new rules and regulations, my eyes drift to the back, where my beautiful mate sat. Her and the pack doctor daughter were whispering and giggling about something. It was nice to see her smile. Since I found out she was my mate, I hadn't see her smile not once. I wonder what the talking about.

Me? I wish.

Right now, I knew she didn't think anything positive about me. Not that I gave her a good reason to. For the past 24 hours all I did was hurt her. She had already cried herself asleep twice. Even with her staying our last night, I could still feel her emotions. It's because of the bond, and I being Alpha only made it stronger.