Chapter Twenty-Five

This story is ending soon, don't know how many chapter are left but I'm trying to keep it less than thirty, definitely no longer the thirty-two chapters. BTW, check out my other books, "The Human Mate"(Ryan and Alex story) and "Resisting the Alpha"(Ellie and Noah story) they are posted on my profile page under works.

*NOT EDITED*

Luna Hailee

"Wait and see what happens."

Mark was out of his mind if he thought that I was going to sit back while my mate was being attacked. I understood that his first priority was to protect his mate and child but so was mine. Before I could even gather up my planned to go to my mate Ellie entered the kitchen looking not to happy.

"What the fuck is going on?" She was directing the question at either me or Mark considering that who she was looking back and forth from. "Don't all talk at once." She folded her arms and walked closer into the kitchen, from the background we could still here Alex begging for them to let her go see Ryan.

I rolled my eyes. "Obviously they're fighting." I said in a duh tone. My biggest pet peeve is when people asked questions that they already knew the answers to.

She laughed. "You Moonlight Pack sure do know how to ruin a party." Mark growled from behind me and moved so that I was behind him along with Judi and the baby. "Down boy." She said with a smirk, making him even angrier then before.

"Stand down." I told him through the mind link. "I can handle it."

"Yes Luna." He teased before going to stand behind me.

"And Red Blood Pack is so innocent?" I placed my hands on my hip.

"Innocent, no." She shook her head. "One thing we can do is protect our mate and pack."

"Considering I have yet to feel any pain through my bond I highly doubt that." I smirked and peeked behind her to see Alex still crying to go see Ryan. "Poor Alex, she looks to be in a lot of pain."

Hailee 1 Ellie 0

She looked down at her perfect manicure nails as if they were more interesting than this conversation. "He marked you, that's quite shocking." I could hear a gasp come from behind me, it was Judi.

I couldn't understand why he marking me would be shocking, that was how it went. You would meet you mate and then mark them as yours. From the smirk on her face I could tell she knew something that I may have didn't.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I mean he did reject you didn't he?" Her voice was filled of fake pity. "It's sad really, Moonlight Pack can't even get a tradition that been going on for hundreds of years right."

How did she know? Natalie?

Oh, god please not Natalie.

"If you're thinking it was Natalie then you're correct." She laughed loudly. "You guys aren't even loyal to one another."

Hailee 1 Ellie 1

At this point my wolf was so fired up that she was clawing at my skin to get out. I wanted to attack her, possible even kill her, do anything to wipe that permanent smirk off her face.

"Okay that enough with the bitch fest." Elizabeth came in to separate us. Ellie went back to calm Alex down and Mark, Judi, and I stayed in the kitchen. We sat in silence until minutes later Natalie walked in looking quite nervous. Her head was down and she walked in slow strides before stopping at the kitchen island.