Chapter Nine

Hailee

"So Hailee what's the dirt on you and Peter?" Judi asked.

She was lying on the couch in sweat pants and a sweat shirt with her hair tied up with a carton of ice cream on her lap that she was currently scarfing down. It was the day after the party and Jamie, Natalie, Emily, Candice, and I were all at Judi's and Mark's house decorating for Judi baby shower.

"Nothing." I said as I continued to put up decorations.

"Why, he's hot and he likes you." Emily said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"So." I shrugged.

"Leave her alone Emily, unlike some people she and I actually want to wait till we find our mate." Candice implied.

It was no secret that Emily messed around with different guys when she hadn't found her mate. People like Candice despised people like Emily they believed you should wait till you find your mate to engage in any sexual activities.

"Sorry I not perfect as you Candice." She mocked.

"Guys clam down." I said standing in the middle of them.

"Yea, this is my baby- shower and there will be no fighting." Judi declared.

"Fine." They agreed.

"I'm going to go get ready while you guys finish up." Judi said as she gestured for me to help her get off the couch. "Thank you."

An hour later most of the guest had already arrived and the baby-shower was about to begin, but we were waiting for Judi's parents to show up, or any member of her family for that matter.

When she walked in she immediately looked around the room, "Are they here?" Judi said referring to her family. She had change from sweat pants and tank top to a long sleeveless white maxi dress, and her hair was curled, the pregnancy glow enhances the whole look making her look extremely beautiful. Mark stood next to her wearing blue jeans and a white button up with his arm wrapped around her waist.

After a few moments of silently debating who to tell her, Georgia, Mark mother finally spoke up, "No, sorry."

When Judi had gotten pregnant her parents not only kicked her out but refuse to talk to her. They're very religious so they didn't believe in having sex or having a baby out of wedlock.

"Its fine, I'm going to go to the restroom then we can get started." She walked away with Mark following closely behind her.

"That sucks." I said as I gathering all the materials to play our first game Guess the Baby Food?

"It does, maybe we should do something nice for her." Candice suggested.

"Like what?" Natalie asked, "I thought the baby-shower was a nice thing to do."

"It's is, but I don't know maybe we can get someone from her family to come."

"Trust me, I've tried all week, no one from her family will show up" Kate said as ate the chocolate bar that she pulled out of her purse. "All we can do is try and make this the best baby-shower ever."

After about twenty minutes Judi finally came back, throughout the night we played games like, Don't Say Baby, Measure Mom's Belly, Baby Word Scrabble and we made play dough babies.

"I wanna thank everyone for coming, despite none of my family coming; I really had a great time. I'm so thankful to have all of you guys in my life, and thanks for all the amazing gifts us both really appreciate them."

"You're welcome, and we want to let you know that you're a part of our family now and we love you and we're all here for you."

"Thanks Kate."

"You're welcome. Do you mind if we eat now because I am starving?" Kate rubbed her belly.

"Yes." She laughed, "Let's eat."

I was just about to follow the rest of the girls when my phone rang, "Hello?"

"Hailee?"

"Yes, who is this?"

"Peter." At the mention of his name I changed directions and head towards the bathroom, "I hope you don't mind I got your number from Carter, the guy who brother owned the club."

"Carter, yes I know him and its fine. What's up?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out on a date, maybe go see a movie or something."

"Ummm" I hesitated. "I don't know."

"Well you don't have to answer now." He suddenly sounded nervous, which made me feel even worse. "I know its last minute and we don't really know each other that well."

"Okay." Was all I could say, the whole situation felt awkward. Yes I flirted with him and we dance, but going on a date with him felt wrong, I have a mate, a mate that didn't want me but still a mate

"Okay, umm well I talk to you soon." I hung up the phone.

Judi in Multimedia ------------------->

Beyoncé: Broken-Hearted Girl

Sorry for taking so long, every time I was writing someone or something would interrupt me. Also I just got a job so I don't know how often any of my stories will be update.

=̜ro