Chapter Twenty-Seven

Please Read:

Merry Christmas guys. Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I was having writers block. I'm also updating all my stories as a gift to all of you for Christmas, so be sure to check out, "The Human Mate" (Ryan and Alex) and "Resisting the Alpha" (Noah and Ellie). I also about to upload a bonus chapter of Emily and Henry, it takes place after the war. I not sure if this will be a sequel maybe a short story in the future but tell me what you guys think. If you forgot Henry is Natalie little brother and Emily is Hailee and Natalie best friend. Enjoy!

*NOT EDITED*

ALPHA MASON 

As soon as Hailee had mind linked me to inform me on the rogues that were near our territory I quickly made my way back home. I had done everything I could to help Caine and his pack find his mate, hopefully things would work out and she would be found but my main priority now was keeping my pack safe. When we were about 25 miles away from the territory I picked up a rogues scent.

"Keep going, I'll catch up." I told Mark and the few other wolves that were accompanying me. They nodded and Mark quickly took over as the lead, and led them back home. Knowing of how good of a gamma Mark was I knew I could trust him to get them back to the pack house quickly, and help lead the fight back at the pack house.

I focus on the scent, and it soon led me to two rogues. They were fairly weak and small wolves so it didn't take me too long before I had snapped both of their necks and left them into a pool of blood. It was almost too easy killing them, as if it was a set up. I shook those thoughts from my head and rerouted back in the direction of my pack. I had only gotten about two miles when I ran into a wolf. I was so focus on getting back to my pack that I hadn't picked up any scent, on top of that it wasn't the scent of a rogue so it didn't alert my wolf.

I sniffed the air, and groaned when I had finally realized who it was. I shifted back, "What are you doing here?" I said I dressed in the shorts that were tied to my leg.

He shifted as well and begin to do the same. "I could ask you the same thing."

"I'm on my way pack from Alpha Caine territory." I told him.

"There was rogues on my territory I chased them here." Thinking back to him in his wolf form, he had no scratches, and there was no traces of blood. There was no way he had fought against them and still came out this clean even I had had a scratch or two that were oozing with blood from my fight with the two rogues.

"And?"

He rubbed the back of his neck. "I lost their scent."

"Idiot." I muttered.

"Shut up, half way here they begin to cover their scent." He said as if that made up for it. His pack was more than 100 miles from here, he had been chasing them for quite some time and still hadn't caught up to them.

"What?"

"They covered their scent, can't you hear?"

"So you're telling me that they let you chase them and out of nowhere started covering their scent?"

"Yes, why?" He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"I caught a scent of two rogues, and killed them. They barely even fought back."

He shook his head. "No."

"They set us up."

"We're fucked."

Suddenly the sounds of claps echo throughout the forest. A guy emerged from the behind the trees. It was the same guy that had led the group of rouges that had attacked me those months ago.