Chapter Seventeen

*NOT EDITED*

Luna Hailee

It had been three days since the blow up at the pack house. Things around my parents' house were surprisingly calm. Kate and Sam were warming up to being parents and they were doing great at it. Kate's parents and her brother Elliot had arrived yesterday afternoon and things were pretty good. Mason hadn't yet made another appearance and I was grateful for that.

Despite everything going good in my household something wasn't right, I hadn't seen or talked with Natalie since her birthday party. After me and Peter broke up I still decided to go paint balling which in the end helped me lay off some steam she seem fine but every time I called her or went over to her house she was either gone or didn't answer. So when she called me this morning and asked to come over I didn't know how to react. She seem nervous and uneasy and as a result it made me feel the same way.

It was almost noon when she made her appearance. She was dressed in black tights, a navy blue long sleeve shirt, black Ugg boots and a multi-color scarf that covered he neck.

"Hey." She said nervously, as she came and sat across from me.

"Hey where have you been?" I asked getting straight to the point.

"It's something I need to tell you." I made a gesture for her to continue. "Two days ago I was at the pack house getting ready for training, and the Beta from New Elite Pack was there. He came with Kate parents to not only accompany them but also to talk with Mason about the issue with the rogues that attack us many years ago." She babbled.

"Natalie get to the point."

She sighed, "Hailee, he's my mate."

"You're leaving?" Were the first things out my mouth. Call me selfish but I didn't want her to go. With everything going on with Mason I need her to be there for me. But then again I want her to be happy.

"He's my mate, I have to." Tears filled the both of our eyes.

"When?" I asked.

"In two days."

I felt my heart break. In less than two days I would be ripped apart from my best friend who undeniably been the only person that been there for me through everything.

"I'm happy for you, I really am." I wipe the tears from my eyes.

"Thank you." She came and hugged me. "He's so amazing, like everything I want in a mate." Being this close to her I noticed her scent was slightly different. I removed her scarf from her neck.

"He marked you."

"Yea." She smiled. "Within in an hour of knowing him."

I couldn't help but be slightly jealous. She had a mate that marked her without barely knowing her. He wanted people to know that she belong to him as much as he belong to her. My mate wouldn't even admit I was his mate until he saw I was in another relationship.

"I want you to meet him. Tomorrow night we're having a barbecue at my house. Please come."

"I will."

<><>
I was wearing a white spaghetti shirt and a black and white three quarter sleeve geometric print cardigans, with cutoff jeans, and black pumps. My hair was curled to perfection and the only make-up I wore was mascara and eye shadow that gave me the smoky eyed look.

After explaining to Sam that I was going over to Natalie house and promising that it would be the only stop I was going to make there and back I was on my way to her house. When I arrived Leah informed me that Natalie and her mate was in her room. Without thinking I walked in the room without knocking earning a growl from Natalie mate who was currently under Natalie.

The Young She-Wolfजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें