thomas

pairing: thomas x reader
summary: being in a relationship with thomas but feeling like you're not good enough for him and that theresa would better for him because they're close
warning: jealousy, low self esteem

pairing: thomas x readersummary: being in a relationship with thomas but feeling like you're not good enough for him and that theresa would better for him because they're closewarning: jealousy, low self esteem

You loved Thomas but lately it didn't feel like it. You saw him a lot less and when you did, he was always with Theresa. It wasn't that you didn't like her but you couldn't help but feel some type of way for all the time she was spending with your boyfriend. The last straw of it all was when you saw her try to kiss him. Why the hell would she think that was okay, unless he reciprocated her feelings somewhat?

Thomas grabbed your hand before you could run away. He wanted to explain himself before the situation got out of hand. He loved you and nothing was going to change that. You didn't want to, he knew you were reluctant but facts needed to be set straight.

"Teresa, leave." Thomas glared at her.

Said girl looked at him shocked, "What? You don't mean that." Theresa clearly thought Thomas would leave you for her and he was going to do whatever it took for her to see that it was never going to happen.

Thomas shook his head, "You could never be her." Theresa gasped in shock as she placed her hand on her mouth to stop the sobs from coming out before running away.

He turned to look at you as you took your hand out of his, "What do you want, Thomas? Nothing you say is going to change the fact that she thought you felt the same way about her

He turned to look at you as you took your hand out of his, "What do you want, Thomas? Nothing you say is going to change the fact that she thought you felt the same way about her. Clearly all the time you spent with her made her feel some type of way, not that I blame her, you'd rather spend more time with her than your own girlfriend. We're done."

"No, don't say that please. I love you. I just wanted her to feel welcome in the Glade. I'm sorry, I never intended to make her think I wanted her. I love you and I know I haven't been the best boyfriend. I'll do better, I promise." He pleaded.

You shook your head as you tried to keep the tears at bay, "I hate feeling like this. I love you too but it hurts. Of course she's going to think you want her with all the time you've been spending with her. It's not fair that I feel like this. I just think we should have some space, until I'm ready to talk to you again."

"I can't. I love you and the last thing I want is for you to walk away. I'm an idiot, I know but I love you. I want to make this work, please, all I want is you. You mean everything to me." Thomas cried as he held your hands.

You removed your hands from his grip to wipe the tears off your face, "I want to make it work but clearly you love spending more time with her than me

You removed your hands from his grip to wipe the tears off your face, "I want to make it work but clearly you love spending more time with her than me. I don't want to feel like second place, I deserve to have someone that wants to be with me and takes me for granted. I deserve better." As much as you loved Thomas you had been feeling like crap for the past couple of weeks because of the fact he was spending so much time with Teresa. He was your boyfriend but lately he didn't even feel like a friend and you hated it.

"You do, of course, you do and I'm so sorry for not showing you how much you mean to me. Please give me a chance. One chance is all I ask for?" He spoke while you could see he was trying not to cry.

You exhaled, "I don't know, Thomas."

He took a step closer to you, "I know and you have every right to be worried. I should have handled everything better but I don't want to lose you, not over someone that means nothing to me. I promise I will do better, please just give me a chance? That's all I ask for."

"One chance, that's all you're getting."

"Thank you, I promise I'll do better."