jay halstead

pairing: jay halstead x reader
summary: you dying and jay not being able to handle it

pairing: jay halstead x readersummary: you dying and jay not being able to handle it

He was angry but so were you. He was outraged that you would accuse him of cheating. He loved you and he thought he'd shown you just how much but clearly that wasn't the case. You loved Jay but he had been spending so much time with Hailey that he couldn't see that he was neglecting you, to make matters worse, she obviously liked him and he couldn't see that.

"She has nothing to do with this. I love you." Jay yelled.

You scoffed, "I love you too but clearly you can't see how much she wants to be with you. She loves you and you've done nothing to refuse her advances which is why she keeps doing it. I can't be with you if you're not as invested into this relationship as I am. I'm done."

You didn't wait for his reply as you walked out of the house. You got in the car and just started driving around, until you heard the bullets flying and before you knew it, everything went dark.

 You got in the car and just started driving around, until you heard the bullets flying and before you knew it, everything went dark

Jay didn't know what to think when his brother had called him to the hospital. Will sounded pretty upset on the phone and he knew something bad had happened. He knew something bad happened to you but he didn't want to think about the worst case scenario.

"What happened?"

Will shook his head with tears in his eyes, "I'm sorry."

Jay knew exactly what he meant. He tried to process the news but he didn't want to. You were gone. Will was quick to catch him as he almost hit the floor. You were family to Will too, knowing he would never see you again hurt, a lot. He had no idea how Jay felt, you were the love of his life.

"No, no, no, no, no." Jay cried.

You were gone.

You were really gone.

The love of his life was gone.

He didn't want to believe it. He refused to believe it. He sat in the toilet, trying to calm his breathing but it wasn't working. He was going home to a house that didn't have you anymore. He knew it was his fault, if he hadn't argued with you, you wouldn't have left. If he had just seen the signs and flirting that Hailey had thrown his way, he wouldn't have yelled at you. If he hadn't put his job first, he wouldn't have neglected you. It was his fault that he had lost the love of his life.

It was his fault.

It was his fault and he had to live with it.