jay halstead

Pairing: Jay Halstead x Reader
Summary: you love Jay but you think he still has feelings for Erin
Requested: yes

Pairing: Jay Halstead x ReaderSummary: you love Jay but you think he still has feelings for ErinRequested: yes

"What are you doing here?" Will asked his brother when he walked into the emergency, "Here to see me?"

Jay rolled his eyes, "That's cute. You think I'm here for you. Is she here? She still won't pick up the phone."

"I don't know what to tell you, man. She won't talk to me and walks the other way when she sees me coming. I don't know what's going on but she's hurting. She won't talk to Nat or April." Will explained. Before Jay could reply, you had come up behind the pair. Will walked off before Jay stood in front of you.

"Can we talk. If you don't mind."

You shook your head, "There's nothing to talk about, Jay

You shook your head, "There's nothing to talk about, Jay. Just leave me alone, I thought I made that very clear."

"You did. I just want to know what I did. You won't talk me, maybe you'll listen to me." Jay proposed. As much as you hated to admit it, you knew you needed to talk to him. You couldn't just cut him out of your life completely without any explanation.

You sighed, "Fine. Follow me." Jay didn't reply as he followed you into the break room. You crossed your arms over you chest, "Talk."

"I don't understand what I did to make you so upset or hurt. I love you. I just wish you would let me make it better. I don't want to lose you because of something stupid that I did." He spoke emotionally. You could see how had it was for him to not start crying.

You shook you head, "Its not you. I love you, and that's why I have to let you go. I want you to be happy and right now, that's obviously not with me. You deserve the world and all the happiness in it but I'm not the person to give it to you right now." You wanted to fight for him but you knew better than to fight over a man. You loved him so you chose to let him go.

"What? What are you talking about?" Jay spoke in shock.

"I saw you with Erin. She told you how many ch she loved you and I know you still care about her. You should be with her, I know she makes you happy. What we had was great but it's not meant to be." You continued. It hurt, but you loved him.

Jay shook his head before he cupped your face, "I don't want to be with Erin. She's my friend and that's all she'll ever be to me. She left and I moved on. I met an amazing person that loved me for me an put me first. I'm not letting you go because you think I deserve better, all I want is you. Nothing is going to change how much I love you."

"You don't mean that."

Jay smiled sadly, "I do. You mean the world to me and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I lost the best thing that had ever happened to me. I can't lose you, plead."

"I love you."

"I love you too."