king arthur

Pairing: Arthur x Reader
Summary: helping Arthur with his journey

You watched as he trained with his friends to help him get stronger but you knew better

You watched as he trained with his friends to help him get stronger but you knew better. He was struggling mentally with the whole situation and that you didn't like. He was a simple man, a simple man that helped others but he didn't feel like he was good enough to carry on the legacy of the sword.

You just hoped that he would realise his potential, like everyone else did but he was a stubborn man.

"How are you doing?" You asked him as you joined him in a back field after his training session, hoping that he was okay and hopefully get him to talk about what was happening.

Arthur shook his head, "I don't know what you want me to say. I have no idea what I'm doing and I have no idea how anyone can help me. Can you just leave me alone for a little while?"

"I can't do that. I have known you long enough to that leaving you alone isn't going to do you any good. You are stronger than you give yourself credit for. You know it, I know it and everyone else knows it. You just need to believe in yourself." You reassured him, hoping that he took in the words and actually listened to you.

"I'm not sure I know how." Arthur exhaled.

" Arthur exhaled

"You can. I know you can." You pressed.

Arthur finally looked at you, "How is it that you always know exactly what to say?"

"It's a gift," you laughed.

Arthur motioned for you to come closer and when you stood right in front of him, he pulled you closer. He wrapped his arms around you, burying his face in you neck. You both stood there for a moment, just relishing in each other touch before reality hit once again. It hadn't been easy for either of you to get a moment alone so Arthur was grateful that you came after him, you always had a way of making him feel better.

He pulled away to look at you before sighing heavily, "I guess I have to start from the beginning."

"Only you know where to start."