jay halstead

pairing: jay halstead x reader
summary: celebrating christmas with jay and your newborn daughter

pairing: jay halstead x readersummary: celebrating christmas with jay and your newborn daughter

Christmas had always been your favourite time of the year but this year was very special. Not only had you and Jay gotten married at the beginning of the year, but you had also recently given birth to your little girl. A little girl that was the life of you and Jay's lives.

You and Jay had spent the day decorating the house with your daughter strapped to your chest. You had Christmas music playing in the background, cookies in the oven while you hung decorations on the tree. You had not realised that Jay was in the house, let alone was watching you sing and dance with your daughter as she giggled away.

"Have I told you how much I love you?"

You jumped a little in shock, "When did you get here?"

Jay smiled as he walked over to you, "A couple of minutes ago. How's your day been?" He listened to you talk enthusiastically about your day, smiling brighter as he saw you beam with happiness. He hated being away from you, now more than ever. He hated not being there to watch his daughter grow up.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" You asked softly.

He grinned, "That's cute, you think I'm here for you." He looked at your daughter and refused to look at you, knowing you would smack him if he continued to tease you.

You rolled your eyes, "Remind me again why I put up with you?" You honestly hoped that your daughter wouldn't inherit his need for mischief but considering how she liked to laugh at your mishaps, that was not happening

"You love me." Jay chuckled.

"I don't like you." You replied as you tried to walk away with your daughter.

He grabbed your waist and pulled you close, "I'm sorry. I've missed you."

"I know, I've missed you too." You replied with a soft smile as you combed a hand through his hair. You knew he hated being away from you both, especially considering how quickly your daughter was growing and doing new things every day. You videoed it for him but it wasn't the same.

"I've talked to Voight, I'm going to take a few days off to spend with my family," Jay explained as he made faces at your daughter, causing her to laugh.

You turned around in his embrace, "Are you sure? I don't want you to miss work, too many people need you."

"That may be true but my family needs me too and I want to be here. I love you."

"Good, because we've missed you. I love you too."