Episode 7

Shehnaaz gets him dinner. It was a proper Gujarati platter.

Sidharth: What's all this, Shehnaaz? I can't eat so much.

Shehnaaz: The doctor has said that you need a proper diet. I have carefully picked healthy food only for you. I ain't going to listen no from you. Eat it!

Sidharth: I understand but this much?

Shehnaaz: Yes, now finish it.

She sits with him and makes sure he finishes the entire meal.
.
.
.
He lied in his bed but sleep was nowhere near to him.

When you realise that you've done wrong, you can't sleep. Your conscience stabs you with a sharp dagger every single time. I am unable to sleep as well and my conscience is killing me because I have done a crime.

I marrying her to escape from being beaten by the goons was wrong but the biggest crime was me eloping away. I, not for a second, thought of the society which I hate but still a part of. Society which is always judging someone even after his or her death.

How do I help her out of this trap? Should I tell her that I am the one who married her? No.. no.. no.. She would hate me and my opportunity to help her will be lost forever. Besides it would make it worst for her.

What do I do then? Should I just leave her on her own and go away. May be with time she will move on in her life.

But will you be able to forgive yourself? Are you ready to suffer for life thinking whether she moved on or not?

Right now I feel like I have reached a dead end and there is no way out. Her kindness is killing me. The way she jumped in to help an unknown pained soul, she taking care of me and she giving me shelter. How can she be imperfect?

.
.
.
It was 4 a.m. and he heard the most angelic voice. Shehnaaz was doing her vocal singing practice at the break of the dawn. It was her daily routine wherein she would practice for atleast 2 hours in the morning

Her voice was euphonic and soothing, he finally managed to give break to his thoughts and sleep calmly until 7am.

Shehnaaz took him to the sweet mart and helped him familiarise with his work. He had to look at the stocks, accounts and cashier's job. There were 3 more employees who were responsible for preparing sweets, packaging and selling it. Additionally, she would inspect the sweets and also help in packaging and selling it.

Sidharth was amazed looking at her active involvement in business. In the afternoon, she went for recording and returned home in the evening. She was running the whole show alone.
.
.
.
It had been a week since he was staying at her place. Every night he thought about her and often decided that he would go away from her life but her early morning songs would whitewash his thoughts. His heart wanted to wake up to her voice every single day.

Shehnaaz finished her early morning practice and got ready. Sidharth took shower and finished his makeup as usual. He always carried the makeup kit with him to be extra cautious.

Shehnaaz: Sidharth, we aren't going to sweet mart today. We are going somewhere else.

Sidharth: Huh? Where to?

Shehnaaz: Will tell you but let's leave for now. Could you please help me keep these boxes in the cab?

He nods and keeps them in the cab. Shehnaaz, Sidharth and Shantiben board the cab. There was silence in the cab until they reached the destination. He looks at the place, it was the home for special kids. A man comes and greets them.