Episode 8

Check if you've read the previous episode before you start to read this episode.
--------------------------------

Sidharth looked at dumbfounded Shehnaaz and Shantiben.

Sidharth: Shall we go inside? (He said pushing his glasses back)

Shehnaaz unlocked the door and the three entered the house. Shantiben kept staring at Sidharth.

Shantiben: Are you really Shehnaaz's husband? (Still surprised)

Sidharth went to open his mouth and accept the truth but he was cut by Shehnaaz.

Shehnaaz: Su Vaat Kare che Amma? {What are you talking Amma?} How can he be him? Sidharth is not a coward to runaway like that man. Besides do you think I would have allowed Sidharth to even cross this door if he it was him. I hate that person. Don't even think of comparing Sidharth with him because Sidharth is brave and honest person who values his family.

Sidharth looked at her not knowing what to do.

I don't know whether I should be happy or sad. She is describing me and comparing me as two different person. On one side she is praising me and on the other side she is cursing me.

Arghh.. if I accept that I am her husband then I will be out of this house. She hates me as a husband and admires me as a friend. And I... I love her.. I didn't realise that I fell in love with her.. She is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, beautiful from inside and from outside as well.

I am not leaving from here until I take my wife along with me to my home. I will put all my efforts and leave no stone unturned to make her part of my life and give her the happiness she deserves.

His confusion was turned into determination and he was now admiring her lost in his thoughts with his mouth open unaware what she was talking.

Shehnaaz: Sidharth... Sidharth.. Are you listening? (Shook him by holding his arm)

Sidharth: Huh?? Hmmm.. yes Shehnaaz..

Shehnaaz: Then answer me!!

Sidharth: What? (Confused)

Shehnaaz: Why did you lie to people outside that you were my husband? What if that fellow returns someday?

Sidharth: I couldn't stand people talking ill about you. They were maligning your character, how could I allow them to do so? And forget about that person, there is no chance of him returning.

Shehnaaz: How can you say so?

Sidharth: If he wanted to return, he wouldn't have runaway itself.

Shehnaaz nodded but her mind was cluttered.
First time in my life, after my pappa somebody took stand for me. I can't even celebrate this moment cause I know it's temporary. Though he shut the filthy mouths by saying that I am his wife but it's not true.

Someday he will go away. He is a friend only and though friends are connected, they cannot stay with you permanently together. He will ultimately move out, have a family of his own and lead his own happy life. How and what would I answer the society then? The questions would be unanswered again.

Her face showed the unspoken pain and went back inside her room. Sidharth felt an ache looking at her dull face. She was sad on her birthday as well.

Shantiben: Dikra, I am very grateful to you. Today you saved our faces from humiliation. I won't lie but I had warned Sana that she was attracting the tag of being called characterless or prostitute by keeping an unknown man in this house where there was no other male family member. But she shut my mouth saying she doesn't care about the society.