Episode 11

Have you read Episode 10? Read it if you've missed it since views are less.

----------------------------------------

The alarm went off and Sidharth was surprised as he didn't hear her singing today. He got up, took bath, applied the makeup and went out. Shantiben was circumambulating around Tulsi (holy basil). He waited for her to come.

Shantiben: Jai Shri Krishna Dikra.

Sidharth: Jai Shri Krishna Amma. Where is Shehnaaz?

Shantiben: She is still sleeping I guess.

Sidharth: How come Amma? She missed her morning practice as well. Is she alright?

Shantiben: I took bath and went on to worship Lord. Didn't check on her. I thought probably she was exhausted as y'all came late night yesterday. Let me check on her now.

Sidharth: Amma, can I check? You can prepare breakfast.

Shantiben: Sure Dikra.

Sidharth quickly went near her room and knocked on the door but there was no reply. He peeped in and found her sleeping figure. He went and called her twice before touching her. Her body was warm. She was having fever. She gently opened her eyes but dozed off again due to tiredness and fatigue.

Sidharth panicked and ran outside to call Shantiben. Shantiben came to the room and touched her to check the temperature. Sidharth came with cold water and cloth strip and placed wet strip on her forehead.

Sidharth: Amma, get her some soup or liquids please. (Shantiben nodded) Where is the first aid box?

Shantiben: 3rd drawer from the left in that table.

He nodded and went to get the box. He searched for the medicine and kept it nearby. He looked at her closely and saw tear marks on her temple. She was still sleeping.

Sidharth softly caressed her head while holding her hand in the other. He kissed her knuckles.

What happened to you sweetheart? Why were you crying? I will be there with you always.

He squeezed the wet cloth in the bowl and replaced it with the other on the forehead.

Shantiben came back after 15 minutes with vegetable soup for her. He supported her to sit and shook her slightly to get her slurp the soup fed by Shantiben. He then gave her the medicine.

After an hour and half her temperature was closer to normal. She now looked around and found Sidharth sitting near her.

He touched her forehead and smiled.

Sidharth: How are feeling now?

Shehnaaz: Sidharth, what's the time?

Sidharth: Huh? Its 9:45am.

Shehnaaz: What are you doing here? You should be at the sweet mart by 10am. Please go otherwise the other employees will return home looking at the lock.

Sidharth: But Shehnaaz, you aren't well.

Shehnaaz: I will take care of myself. Besides amma is also here. Please do the duty you are assigned. Don't be bothered about me.

Sidharth looked at her perplexed. She was behaving a bit odd. He assumes it to be out of illness and speaks with Shantiben before leaving to the sweet mart. He called up Shantiben from the sweet mart's landline every now and then inquiring about her health and reminding her about the medicine and food.

Sana looked dull due to sickness and her heart break. She had decided to stay away from Sidharth to avoid the emotional trauma which she experienced whenever she went closer to him, as her conscience reminded her about her marital status.