Page 14

"There's ramen in the pantry," he heard a voice behind him.

"Thanks. Uh, hey, Nick?" Dream asked.

"Yeah?" Sapnap sat at the counter.

"I know it's-it's hard to be my friend. I can be a straight-up dick sometimes."

"Sometimes?"

"Most of the time. And you... you've stuck with me through that. You've been my friend since you were 12 and I was 13. I just really wanted to thank you. Not just for being there and not leaving me, but for righting me when I'm wrong. I've made a ton of bad decisions and... I guess you bring me to my senses. You give me a lecture and you forgive me for what I've done. So thanks," he said.

"Dream, I'm antisocial. Who else am I gonna talk to if I left you?" Sapnap asked. "And... that's what friends are for, I guess." He got a Monster from the fridge and turned to Dream. "You'd do the same for me." He opened his drink and started walking off. "Don't go soft on me, Dream." The black-haired boy went upstairs and Dream started making some food. He ate pretty quickly and went back to his room to see his boyfriend tightly hugging a pillow. Dream changed his clothes and quickly washed his face before heading back. He slowly removed the pillow from George's arms and squeezed himself in.

"Dream?" George muttered.

"Shh..." The blonde cooed and kissed the top of George's head. They both slept peacefully and George ended up sleeping later than Dream in the morning.

George had a small smile on his face when he was asleep. Dream guessed it was because of a good dream or something. He got up finally at around 9 and went to the bathroom with spare clothes. He didn't have any plans today and secretly hoped George didn't either. Dream took his time in the shower, letting himself fully wake up. He stopped the water finally and got a towel, wiping his hair. It was less soggy now, so he wrapped the towel around his waist. Dream applied some lotion to himself then put on the pair of boxers and jeans he set out. He looked at himself in the mirror before he heard the door open and looked to see George.

"Oh, sorry," George said.

"It's okay. What's up?" Dream asked.

"Nothing," George walked over. "What are you doing?" He leaned on the counter. Dream moved and braced himself on the counter so he had his arms on either side of George.

"Tell me, George. Did you and your girlfriend ever have sex?" Dream asked.

"What? No. Why?"

"Of course. You're such a bottom," Dream said in a low voice.

"W-What does that mean?" George asked all innocently which made Dream smirk.

"Don't worry about it," Dream gave his boyfriend a kiss. George loved it. He loved everything about the small moment. Their bodies were together and it was a very intimate moment. "Let me get dressed and I'll take you to your place."

"Okay," George said. He sat himself on the counter and waited for Dream to get dressed. They got breakfast and then went to George's apartment. George took a shower and prepared for whatever the day held. "What else is there to do in Florida?" George asked.

"Nothing really. I've been here my whole life and there isn't much. The most fun I've had is with you," Dream said and George smiled, happy that he had been an exciting change in Dream's life.

"We could go to the beach..." Dream said.

"I don't wanna get in the water," George said, shuddering at the thought of what lived in the ocean.

"We can just walk." George was still hesitant and Dream knew what would make his boyfriend give in. "Come on, baby. Please? We can collect seashells too." George looked up at him as soon as he was called baby.

"Okay!" George nodded, vigorously. They drove to the beach and it was a nice drive. George was screaming out lyrics to the various songs playing on the radio as his blonde boyfriend admired him with a genuinely happy smile.

"What? You keep staring at me," George told Dream when they stopped at a red light. Dream shook his head and chuckled.

"Nothing. You're just adorable," Dream said. "Come here." He pulled George to look at him and gave him a long kiss. "Cutie." Dream turned his attention to the road. His innocent boyfriend blushed hard and went back to the songs, trying to act like he wasn't flustered. A song started playing and George gasped.

"Heatwaves, Dream! Heatwaves!" He shook Dream's arm in excitement.

"I know, baby. I know," Dream chuckled. The two sang and George was in thought.

"That song," he decided.

"Huh?"

"It should be our song. We think of each other when we hear it."

"Okay. It's our song, then." The boys got to the beach and George ran around, grabbing shells like a kid in a candy shop. He found two matching ones that looked alike and saved them separately.

When the afternoon arrived, they got lunch and did some target shopping since George wanted to get beads. Dream drove George back to his apartment and was about to head out, but George stopped him.

"Dream, make bracelets with me," George said, sitting on the floor of his living room.

"I should go, baby," Dream said.

"Is Sapnap waiting for you?"

"No. I was gonna just go watch TV."

"Why be lonely when you can be with me?"

"Okay." Dream sat and they started making bracelets. George worked on a green and blue bracelet but needed Dream's help with the colors.

"Uh... Babe?" George asked and Dream looked up.

"Hm?"

"Is this green or yellow?"

"Green." George narrowed his eyes as Dream to search for any signs that his boyfriend was messing with him. "I promise. Here, this one is yellow." Dream set them side by side and George saw that one did look lighter.

"Okay." He made 2 matching bracelets and took the alike shells, adding them to separate the blue and green beads on the bracelets. One for him and one for his boyfriend. "Oh, Dreamie," George giggled.

"What did you do?" Dream smiled at the brunette who was now standing next to him.

"I made matching bracelets!" George gave him one. "Do you like it?"

"I love it, baby. Come here," Dream pulled the older onto his lap to straddle him. Dream pulled him for a kiss and George didn't protest, letting himself melt into it. Dream pulled away and leaned back onto the couch. George leaned forward and rested his head on Dream's chest, hugging him around the torso. "I'm so lucky, you know?" Dream whispered and pet George's back as he kissed the shorter's brown locks.

"Why's that?" George looked up at Dream.

"Because I have you. My favorite boy," Dream smiled and pecked George's soft, strawberry-flavored lips.

"You're my favorite boy, too," George smiled a toothy grin and went back to looking to the side. The couple sat in silence for a while until Dream heard small huffs of air coming from George. He took the boy to his room and set him on the bed, gently, careful not to wake him. Dream's brain was telling him to leave, but he couldn't bring himself to. He slowly slid into the bed, behind George, spooning the brunette and wrapping an arm around the boy's torso.