Chapter 1- Welcome back to Hogwarts

A/N: Hello peeps!

Firstly, thank you for reading this fanfic<3

Secondly, all the characters belong to J.K Rowling and the arts to ppl who have made them. I want you to keep in your mind that my story is different from the original one as it is based on the 8th year of Hogwarts.

And I really hope you enjoy this fanfic as much as I enjoyed writing it!
×××××××××××××
Harry's Pov:

Dinner at the Great Hall was really overwhelming- I can't decide what's worse, the fangirling behaviours of some students or the sudden change in behaviour of Ginny.

Ginny's acting weirder than the times I've said, "You, too!" after Madam Rosmerta has said," Enjoy your drinks!" to me...

Ginny would look away whenever our eyes meet. On top of that, she wouldn't even talk to me at all. Hermione assured me I was being delusional, but i wasn't convinced...

My thoughts were interrupted when McGonagall said in a stern voice," Silence! So, now that each and everyone of you is fully fed, I want you to leave quietly to your dormitories under the supervision of your prefects, while the eight years will stay behind. Goodnight, everyone."

As I saw Ginny leaving, i grabbed her wrist and said almost in a whisper," I have something to talk about. Can you wait up for me in the common room?"

Ginny retored, shooking off my hand," I am beat, Harry. Talk to me tomorrow, will you? Good night." Before I could protest, she had already left with others...

"Did I say something?", I asked. Hermione sighed, "Harry cut her some slack, she just lost her brother..."

Ron asked, "What was it that you wanna talk about to her anyways?"

I took a deep breath, "I... I was gonna... p-propose to her."

"Holy cricket! I-", Hermione squealed but I cut her off, "But I think it is a bad idea, you guys would notice how distinct we have been right?"

Ron shook his head, "Mate, just give her some time. Don't rush things."
Hermione nodded, "Ron is right and I am sure you are being delusional. You know how much she loves you Harry."

Do I know that? I don't know... she seems weird these days.... I thought in my head.

"Mate, I know how to cheer you up! Hogwarts for the first time without Malfoy!", Ron whispered.

We both started roaring with laughter while Hermione sat there shaking her head.

Suddenly, MacGonagall said," Attention, students. As you all know due to the horrific events taking place last year, Hogwarts was under construction during the holidays. Unfortunately, there are some parts of the castle which still needs repairing, one of them happens to be your dormitories. However, we found a solution to that problem, of course. Now, if you would please follow me."

×××××××××
"Is it just me, or...", I was stunned staring at the paper stuck outside my room.

"No! No, this is not happening, mate!", and before I know it, Ron had already sprinted towards MacGonagall's room, with me panting heavily from behind.

The door was answered by a yawning MacGonagall in a nightgown and cap," Yes, Mr. Potter and Mr. Weasley? How may i help you both?"

"Professor, i think there is a slight misunderstanding... You pared me up with Dean, Neville and Seamus.", said Ron.

"I can assure you, Mr. Weasley, that is indeed how I paired you up, yes.", replied MacGonagall, her face showing irritation.

Ron shook his head," Professor, you don't understand.. me and Harry should have been paired up."

MacGonagall asked," And why is that, may i ask?"

Ron replied," Well, erm... we have been paired up every year and besides, Malfoy isn't even coming back, so-"

MacGonagall cut him off," Who said Malfoy isn't coming back? He is already here. He was the only student who helped with all the construction purposes during the holidays. As for not pairing you both, I had my intentions to do that. Now, please leave."

"Professor, please... You know we don't get along really well... Don't do this to me.", I pleaded.

Professor sighed, her voice turning soft," The war's over, Harry... I want you to let go of your past and focus on all the good things... Give him a chance, he has changed."

"But he killed my brother!", Ron screeched.

Professor shook her head," No, he didnt! He might be a Death Eater, but he never was a part of them... Tell you what, Potter, if things won't work out in a month, I will change your partners, sounds good?"

I nodded, still unsure. She patted my back and smiled," I know you would understand. I am proud of you and you, Mr. Weasley, one more complaint and you will earn a week detention with me."

As Professor slammed the door, Ron whispered," As if detention would scare me after the war."

"Ron! There is a spider on your head!", I cried.

"Ahhhh!", and boom! Ron fell flat on his butt. Hard. I roared with laughter, tears streaming down my face," But a spider can still scare you."

" Harry Potter! I bloody hell am gonna murder you!", he jumped on his feet and I started running for my dear life.

×××××××××××
A/N: Please vote, share and comment... this is my first story and your votes and comments would be the only thing to keep me motivated and happy🥺❣Thank you<3