Chapter 23- The reason behind Draco's second chance

Harry's POV:

"Draco, what happened to your neck?", Hermione asked.

I saw a blush forming in his cheeks which makes him look so much cuter. He touched it and smile slyly, "I fell down from the stairs last night. You know how my legs were..."

"Right, are you fine now?"
He nodded, "Harry took good care of me yesterday."

I winked at him before Ron coughed, "So um Draco, can I ask you something?" He gave a small nod.

Ron continued, "We wanna know, well me and Hermione, that why you are getting called into McGonagall's office often mate?"

He mumbled, "Promise me you won't get mad for not telling you sooner?" They both nodded.

Draco sat up straighter and lowered his voice, "So you both know how mother and I should have ended up in Azkaban?", he paused to take a deep breath, "Well, I couldn't let both of us suffer for something we were never a part of... well then one day I asked for McGonagall's help not knowing who else I could count on.. surprisingly she agreed to help us."

"How?", Ron asked.

Draco continued, "She stood by us during our trials and made everyone believe that we deserve a second chance. Finally, we both were offered a second chance but of course we had to give something in return."

"Which is?", Ron butted in again which made Hermione snap at him, "Ronald! Would you let him continue!"

He smiled, "McGonagall came up with this idea of how mother and I could offer the names and all the hiding places of the death eaters on the run."

Hermione frowned, "What about your dad Draco?"

He shrugged, "He doesn't deserve a second chance Hermione. He did so many terrible things which shouldn't be forgivable. Not only that, he ran away leaving his family behind.... Like a coward, and he got caught anyways."

I could see tears forming in his eyes... I gave him a small smile before kissing him, caressing his cheeks.

Hermione asked, "I suppose you have given them information about Bellatrix Lestrange as well?"

I nodded, "Mrs. Malfoy asked her to take the good side but she refused. Said she would never betray Voldemort like this." Draco nodded, "She also added she will seek her revenge once she get out of Azkaban."

Hermione gasped, "That is why you were scared to step outside of Hogwarts!"
Ron asked, "So is your mum safe?"

He nodded, "She is at the Malfoy Manor. McGonagall has placed all the protective enchantments around the manor and the only way to get in and out of the manor is by using the Floo Network which is linked to McGonagall's office. This is why I have been visiting her office a lot lately."

Ron huffed, "Why didn't you tell us sooner?"
I smiled, "Ron, McGonagall told him not to but she agreed not long before if he wanted to share this piece of information with us all. He told me all this two days ago you know."

Hermione placed her hand on Draco's shoulder, "You are so brave Draco. And do know that we are always here for you."

He grinned, "Thank you guys. I don't know what I would do without y'all."
"Probably dead.", Ron muttered.

Draco rolled his eyes, "Shut it Weaseltte."
"Bleached haired ferret.", Ron shot back.
Draco gasped, "You did not-"

As Draco and Ron got into a fight, Hermione was pulling them apart while I sat there laughing my ass off.

A/N: This story might be a bit boring and plain I m sorry:( I am having a writer's block lol... anyways, I still think it was important to know how Draco got a second chance so here ya go ig;)