Chapter 10- Star gazing

Hermione's POV:
After a busy weekday, it just feels nice to chill with your bestfriends on a Saturday morning by the black lake.

"Good morning!", called out a sweet voice. I turned to give her a wave, "Good morning, Gin! Join us?"

Ron and Draco looked rather displeased but I can't ignore her forever can I? She came running towards us and pushed Draco slightly to squeeze herself between Harry and Draco.

Draco scowled, "How dare you-" but she ignored him, "Hi Harry, heard your first week is pretty tiring?"

He gave an uncomfortable smile as she scooted even closer, " Ah yes.... I doubt we'll be alive by the time exams will start."

She threw back her head and laughed extremely hard which made Draco to roll his eyes and Ron to snort.
I mean I agree it wasn't that funny...

Finally, she stopped, " I was wondering if we could go to Hogsmeade together today? My treat at three broomsticks?"

Harry began to scratch his chin, "Um actually I have already made plans with Draco, so maybe next time?"

Draco's eyes shot up. It clearly seems like he has no idea what Harry's talking about I guess...

Ginny snapped, "Then cancel it!"
Harry frowned, "I can't. He is my friend just like you are mine. And no I won't cancel it no matter what."

She rolled her eyes, "ok then let's compromise. Can you at least hangout with Draco after we come back from Hogsmeade? Please Harry... I just wanna have fun with you like the good old days...."

Harry seemed to be in a deep thought before he shook his head, "Like you said it's the good old days so we should probably forget about it and move on."

Her eyes started to get wet as she stuttered, "Harry... don't d-do this to me.... we can make new memories together as friends, can't we? You may forget me b-but...I can't. You are still my best friend."

She doesn't seem to take a hint does she? Harry sighed, "ok fine, I promise we can go there next day."

Her face lit up, "I will be waiting Harry! Oh and Ron, Hermione you both are coming along with me now, right?"

"Can't, Ginny. I've got loads of homework.", Ron lied. He did all his homework with me last night but I chose not to expose him.

She shrugged, "Bummer. Hermione, you?" I nodded, " let's go."
Ginny kissed Harry's cheek before we both left shortly after.
***************
Draco's POV:
"So using me as an excuse to turn your ex down, are we now, Potter?"
He gave me a puzzled look, "What?"

I scoffed, " I don't remember making plans with you."

"Oh yeah! About that.", he smiled, "Don't you remember what we talked about last night?"
***************
Flashback:
"Hey, what's bothering you?", Harry placed his hand on my shoulder.

"I... you know how I am on good terms with almost everyone but there is still this one person I haven't fix it yet..."

"Hagrid?", he asked as if he could read my mind. I nodded.

He squeezed my hand lightly and smiled, " He is a nice guy. He will forgive you in a heartbeat."

I shook my head, " That's the problem. He was so kind to everyone and I was so horrible to him, Harry."

"Draco if others can forgive u, why can't he?"

I sighed, "Not everyone! Sirius and Remus weren't happy with us being friends remember?"

He protested, " But that doesn't mean they didn't forgive you. Look Draco, you are worrying for no reason."
I nodded, " I hope you are right..."

"I know what can cheer you up. Come with me.", he said as he covered us both with his invisibility cloak.

After a couple of minutes:
I asked, " Not to be rude but what are we doing at the quidditch pitch at midnight? You don't plan on playing right now do you? It's really dark..."

He chuckled, " Of course not! Look up."
I gave him a side eye before glancing up and WOAH! There was a blanket of pretty stars shining above us.

"What a sight for sore eyes,Harry.", I gasped, astonished.
"Oh I know I am.", he smirked.
I scoffed, " I meant the stars!"
He placed his hands on his chest, " Merlin's beard! I am hurt.."

I gave off a small laugh, " You are so dramatic." He smiled as he took my hand in his and lay us both on the ground.

"Know what else is beautiful, Draco?"
"Mhmm?", my eyes still fixed at the sky as he turned his head towards me and said, "You."

I was shocked to utter a single word... Holy Fuck.... Did Potter just flirted with me? Is it possible he likes me after all?

I scoffed, "Potter, I am nothing compared to these stars!"

He chuckled, "A million of stars and you outshine them all."

I shook my head and couldn't stop smiling like an idiot, "You are so cocky Potter I swear."

That night, we talked and laughed for hours before I fell asleep placing my head on his chest as he wrapped me in his arms so tight... I snuggled closer as if I would lose him if I had let go of him.
*************
Present time:
I blushed hard as the memories from last night flashed through my mind... but then... the way he talked to Ginny just now made me wonder if he still couldn't move on...on second thought he did turn her down for me right? Wait is he using me as a rebound?

"UGHHHHH!"
"Mate you okay?", Ron asked.
"Wait did I say it out loud? Fuck."

He nodded while Harry was giggling like an annoying girl who couldn't stop fangirling over Lockhart.

I threw my storybook in his face and started laughing. Suddenly, something hard hit my face and he chuckled, "Sorry, not sorry, Malfoy."

As I got up, he started running while Ron couldn't stop following us to keep us apart from killing each other.